spc
uniqs
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Broadband bill was passed; awaits Governor's signature

The Governor should consider the message sent to the rest of the world that North Carolina does not care about broadband if she allows the bill to become law. That would definitely be an anti-business message.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Sammer:

The Governor should consider the message sent to the rest of the world that North Carolina does not care about broadband if she allows the bill to become law. That would definitely be an anti-business message.

My guess is that, as a politician, she will neither sign nor veto it but let the bill become law without her commenting on it. If she vetoed it, she runs the chance of annoying the legislature where both houses bi-partisanly passed it by large margins. If she signs it, she gets all the bad press about being a cable company lackey. Ignore it altogether and at most she just has to say she is honoring the will of the voters thru their elected representatives.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

My guess is that, as a politician, she will neither sign nor veto it but let the bill become law without her commenting on it.

In Missouri, if the Governor doesn't sign a bill within a specified time period, it is returned to the legislature. They refer to this as a 'passive veto'. I don't know the law in North Carolina, though.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

My guess is that, as a politician, she will neither sign nor veto it but let the bill become law without her commenting on it.

If she's just a politician that's exactly what she'll do but it's not what a true leader would do. Favoring a handful of corporations at the expense of everyone else doing business in your state does have negative consequences.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots

Premium Member

said by Sammer:

If she's just a politician that's exactly what she'll do but it's not what a true leader would do.

Our Governor is not a true leader. She's a useless sack of crap, and one of the worst Governors in the history of NC. I'm sure she'll just ignore it and allow it to become law without her signature.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by scots:

Our Governor is not a true leader. She's a useless sack of crap, and one of the worst Governors in the history of NC. I'm sure she'll just ignore it and allow it to become law without her signature.

Is she any relation to the Perdue chicken family? Her ex/dead husband Gary Perdue?