Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nukscull

@rr.com
reply to Mr Matt

Re: Was Andy Stevens Con Man?

said by Mr Matt:

Our government is rotting from the inside out at all levels because the rich and corporate fascists have developed ways to manipulate our government officials and in this case putting a con man in office to deceive other government officials. Because Andy Stevens failed to disclose his relationship with Time Warner the bill should be rescinded and Andy Stevens impeached.

But people want the same basic government to put together a broadband network and make that work?

So which is it, is the government competent enough to build a broadband network cheap enough for the people, or is it full of incompetent, corrupt people that want nothing for the citizens?

Can't be both ways.

And yes, I know it's city/county governments that want to build these community broadband networks. But you do know that these officials are the ones that end up being state reps and senators, right? You do realize that they may have some financial incentive to want broadband built in their community, right?

It reminds me of something I've heard about Cary, NC. A mayor wanted a WISP put together to cover Cary, with AP's mainly being on water towers. Turns out he had a financial interest in those water towers or the property they were on.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by nukscull :

But people want the same basic government to put together a broadband network and make that work?

So which is it, is the government competent enough to build a broadband network cheap enough for the people, or is it full of incompetent, corrupt people that want nothing for the citizens?

Can't be both ways.

And yes, I know it's city/county governments that want to build these community broadband networks. But you do know that these officials are the ones that end up being state reps and senators, right?

Not necessarily. I can name a score, or more, of local pols who never aspired to state office. As they say, "All politics is local".
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to nukscull

said by nukscull :

Can't be both ways.

Uh... it's not the politicians building out the networks. The money is given to people with expertise in the field. Politicians simply decide where the money is allocated.
Expand your moderator at work