uniqs

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

2 edits

7 recommendations

chachazz

Premium Member

Adobe Flash Player 10.3 released (new Privacy Controls)

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.14 released May 12, 2011
Flash Player 10.3 delivers beautiful HD video, faster graphics rendering, and high performance on mobile devices and personal computers and is designed to take advantage of native device capabilities — enabling richer, more immersive user experiences.

Particularly interesting new feature:
Simplified local storage management (new in desktop only)
Get more control over user privacy with a simpler way to clear local storage from the browser settings interface — similar to how users clear their browser cookies today. Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 integrates control of local storage with the browser's privacy settings in Mozilla Firefox 4, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and later, Google Chrome 11 (available in Dev Channel), and a future release of Apple Safari.

Local settings manager (new in desktop only)
Manage Flash Player privacy, security, and storage settings more easily with streamlined controls. Users can access the Flash Player Settings Manager directly from the Control Panel or System Preferences on Windows®, Mac, and Linux®

Flash Player 10.3 information and features
»www.adobe.com/products/f ··· hplayer/

Download -all systems/browsers:
»www.adobe.com/shockwave/ ··· ates/#fp

Note: to see screenshots of new Privacy Settings Manager, see this topic from the Beta Release in software forum.
Marsman
join:2004-11-10
Kelowna, BC

1 recommendation

Marsman

Thx, d/l asap!

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

3 recommendations

therube to chachazz

to chachazz
In Control Panel, filter on the word, 'Flash', to find it.
('Adobe' doesn't work.)

dp
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA

1 recommendation

dp to chachazz

MVM

to chachazz
Thank you chachazz See Profile

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz to therube

Premium Member

to therube

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

There must be a bug with the installer? Flash 10.3.181.14 was installed and working but there is no flash player in the control panel for me.

Windows 7 64 bit
IE 9 32 bit
lrmayer
join:2000-02-19
Kendall Park, NJ

lrmayer to chachazz

to chachazz
Their download site (various and all I tried) must be saturated or they are experiencing DOS -- tried for quite a while and just sits there forever not connecting or at best partial connection. Adobe is such a joke IMHO -- wish I did not need flash for some sites!

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

There must be a bug with the installer? Flash 10.3.181.14 was installed and working but there is no flash player in the control panel for me.

Windows 7 64 bit
IE 9 32 bit

Likely because your control panel is 64-bit (Win).

HypnoToad
@reliablehosting.com

HypnoToad to bluepoint

Anon

to bluepoint
Bluepoint,

For some reason you need to reboot Win 7 before the Flash control panel will appear. On XP, no reboot is necessary. I suspect Adobe is just having a bit of sport with us...

Anon users
@anonymouse.org

Anon users

Anon

Mind ya, in addition to nice control UI, there is an 'enhancement' called 'Media Measurement', it smells fishy.................

bluepoint

1 recommendation

bluepoint to HypnoToad

to HypnoToad
said by HypnoToad :

Bluepoint,

For some reason you need to reboot Win 7 before the Flash control panel will appear. On XP, no reboot is necessary. I suspect Adobe is just having a bit of sport with us...

I tried the reboot and still no CPL icon in the CP. It's more likely what chachazz said.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
The panel in Control Panel (where I almost never go) displays badly with words chopped off (and, no, I am not using 120 DPI for Windows and I have small fonts on IE so that is not why).

Plus, what happened to choosing how many days before Flash notifies of an available update?

The old Adobe control panel is still available and had different settings for me from what I had just put in using Windows control panel.

So, which applies? What is entered via the old panel or via the new one? I prefer the old panel for EVERYTHING. The new panel is confusing and has sentences and words chopped off so I can't really even understand it. The privacy tab is completely screwed up.

I want the OLD panel settings to apply (especially for choosing when I want Flash to notify me about an available update).

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz

Premium Member

Flash Player Native Control Panel - User Guide
»help.adobe.com/en_US/Fla ··· dex.html

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

Triple Helix to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Thanks chachazz!

TH
Triple Helix

1 recommendation

Triple Helix to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

Windows 7 64 bit
IE 9 32 bit

It's in mine Win 7 x64!

TH

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz

Premium Member

said by Triple Helix:

It's in mine Win 7 x64!

TH

Thanks TH; did you reboot after install?

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

Triple Helix to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
No reboot!

TH

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz

Premium Member

IE or Firefox?

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by chachazz:

IE or Firefox?

I did both! And I'm still using the Beta for IE9 x64 Browser!

bluepoint

1 edit

bluepoint

Ah, that's probably it, the flash player plugin for firefox put a CPL in your control panel, I don't use firefox. So this must be a bug for IE 9 32 bit installation of flash player.

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by bluepoint:

Ah, that's probably it, the flash player plugin for firefox put a CPL in your control panel, I don't use firefox.

I also use Opera! Also I used the Adobe Download Manager for IE9 32bit if that matters?

TH
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20 to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
I know how to use the old Flash control panel.

I just installed it on Vista Ultimate virtual machine and I have the same problems with the new Flash Control Panel on Vista. Words are cut off the display, sentences are missing so it is difficult to figure out what the tabs do, and my settings are different on the native panel vs the new one. So, which panel now controls Flash Player?

It was interesting that on XP, the installer wanted to install toolbars and I had to keep saying no to each thing it wanted to install and during the installation it showed me more stuff it wanted to install. On Vista (using the same download link for both...the one from this thread), it didn't ask about installing anything other than flash player. My only problem on Vista was about 12 popups from OA. On XP, I had only 2-3 popups from ProcessGuard. I suppose the difference with whether or not Adobe tries to install crap also is if you install on IE as I did on XP. ON Vista, I installed it for Firefox 3 as I need it for one website temporarily (then flash gets uninstalled on Vista).

bluepoint

bluepoint to Triple Helix

to Triple Helix
said by Triple Helix:

I also use Opera! Also I used the Adobe Download Manager for IE9 32bit if that matters?

TH

I'm not sure if the download will matter but I installed flash player from the standalone version uninstalling the previous version manually using the standalone uninstaller which what I always do.

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix

Premium Member

Click for full size
I never uninstalled the last few versions I just install over top without problems.

TH

bluepoint

1 edit

bluepoint

Are they in one folder? My flash player 32 bit goes to windows\syswow64\macromed and the 64 bits goes to windows\sys2\macromed.

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
Oshawa, ON

2 edits

1 recommendation

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by bluepoint:

Are they in one folder? My flash player 32 bit goes to windows\syswow64\macromed and the 64 bits goes to windows\sys2\macromed.

I have the first Directory but not the second?

EDIT: I have it in that Directory!

gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

2 recommendations

gugarci to therube

Premium Member

to therube
said by therube:

('Adobe' doesn't work.)

That's the way I found it on my Window 7 Pro x64. Also on my PC it does not show up in the control panel under category view, but it show up it you change it to icons.

bluepoint

1 recommendation

bluepoint

said by gugarci:

said by therube:

('Adobe' doesn't work.)

That's the way I found it on my Window 7 Pro x64. Also on my PC it does not show up in the control panel under category view, but it show up it you change it to icons.

There you go, now I see it. Both ways works, searching for "flash" in the CP reveals flashcpl and/or changing the "category view" to "large/small" icon. Thanks to all in the thread.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

1 recommendation

MarkAW to HypnoToad

Premium Member

to HypnoToad
said by HypnoToad :

Bluepoint,

I just installed it on my Win7 systems and didn't have to reboot.

Oh and thanks chachazz See Profile for the heads up.

chachazz
Premium Member

chachazz

Premium Member

The Release Notes are now posted @ Adobe.