What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium Member
join:2008-01-11
Out There

1 recommendation

JRSlater

Premium Member

It's Too Quiet!

So, let me liven it up with some of my own photos. Sory, I don't have anything that could get me kicked off the site.

These are from Antietam National Battlefield. One of my favorite places to photograph.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Nicely done!

JRSlater
Premium Member
Out There

JRSlater

Premium Member

Thank you. If the weather cooperates this weekend, I hope to go ut and shoot some more.

xmrocks
Premium Member
join:2003-09-23
Wherever

1 recommendation

xmrocks to JRSlater

Premium Member

to JRSlater
Love those pictures! I need to get back out there and shoot. Now that it's warmer, I guess I have no excuse!

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106

grobinette to JRSlater

MVM,

to JRSlater
Those are nice. Did you modify the camera or are you using filters for the infrared?

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

1 recommendation

Rxdoxx to JRSlater

to JRSlater
Nice, thanks.

Been there, so tranquil and peaceful, hard to come to grips with the chaos/carnage on Sept 17, 1862. Your pictures convey that peacefulness that hides the bloodshed.

JRSlater
Premium Member
Out There

1 recommendation

JRSlater to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette
said by grobinette:

Those are nice. Did you modify the camera or are you using filters for the infrared?

The first two images are with a Sony F717 with an ND8 filter and an IR 72 infrared filter on the lens, the camera is then set to night shot which moves the IR blocking filter inside the camer out of the way and makes it possible for hanheld shots.

The second two images are with a modified Canon EOS 20D. Still learning the post processing on this as it's a bit different than the Sony. With the 20D you have much much more choices and that can be a hurdel sometimes.
JRSlater

1 recommendation

JRSlater to xmrocks

Premium Member

to xmrocks
said by xmrocks:

Love those pictures! I need to get back out there and shoot. Now that it's warmer, I guess I have no excuse!

Let me know when your headed out and I'll meet you there. lol Any excuse to shoo Antietam is any excuse I'll try not to turn down.
JRSlater

JRSlater to Rxdoxx

Premium Member

to Rxdoxx
said by Rxdoxx:

Nice, thanks.

Been there, so tranquil and peaceful, hard to come to grips with the chaos/carnage on Sept 17, 1862. Your pictures convey that peacefulness that hides the bloodshed.

I don't know why but one of the reasons I love going there is because it's so quiet. If your ever bave enough to get out in the cold, you must see the luminaries in December. Over 23,000 candles lit for each person killed, wonded or missing at Antietam. It's a sobering sight to see them all laid out.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

DC DSL to JRSlater

Premium Member

to JRSlater
Purdy pics. I haven't been up there in years.