Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to S_engineer

Premium Member

to S_engineer

Re: More Death Star Antics...

And even if the tmobile merger is approved, I don't think the lte rollout will change. It's going to be a half-ass built network that wont be completed for many years. And if for some reason at&t does build a good network, it will no doubt be filled with low caps, overages and throttling.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by djdanska:

And even if the tmobile merger is approved, I don't think the lte rollout will change. It's going to be a half-ass built network that wont be completed for many years.

If the merger is approved, AT&T will have their hands full merging the 2 companies. Not a whole lot of effort will go in to a fast rollout of LTE beyond the top 10 cities.

EvelKub
Kitty is crazy
Premium Member
join:2002-03-17
Mesa, AZ

EvelKub to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
Well LTE launched on AWS isn't going to be great... My experience with AWS in Phoenix showed that I would have 5 bars of signal outside of a Target store, step in to the store and I would have no service.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to djdanska

to djdanska
And you think they're not busy building out LTE now? They just don't sit around and wait. Look how fast DSL can be installed once another company is providing HSI to an area. DSL is available over night and why? because the equipment is already installed and just not used. They're doing it now with U-Verse. Install the equipment and leave it until the need or they decide to turn it on.

I wouldn't be surprised if ATT and TMO both started building out LTE already.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Att, yes. T-mobile nope. Tmobile said before the merger they had no plans on going lte anytime soon. They where going to push HSPA+ to over 650 Mb/s instead. I was referring to att's 90+ of the country built with lte. I expect major areas to get it, yes. But I have major doubts about ruralville montana and the likes.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

just because a company says NO they're not doing it- doesn't mean they're not in the back ground. That's what I just said that you agreed to but then didn't. Telco's do it all the time. they'll build out and say "nope not available and we don't have the equipment" next thing you know BOOM! it's there and could have been turned on years ago.
RDC17
join:2011-05-15
Vienna, VA

RDC17 to FFH5

to FFH5
Actually most of the current HSPA+ cities should see LTE in the coming months. AT&T will keep rolling out LTE, we shouldn't see a completed combination of the two networks for about a year after closing.