All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to LordKronos

to LordKronos

Re: Docsis 3 upgrades and internet speed tiers

Lucky you. My modem doesn't work properly with WOW's internet even though they say it is "supported". So I have to rent.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

Go on ebay and search for this: DPC2100R2. Skip all the ones that have "Comcast" on it as I'm not sure if they would work.

This is the same exact modem WOW uses and it works perfectly. You can get one for around $25-30. That's what I did and I save $5 a month now. It has already paid for itself so now I'm really saving money.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

I went through this months ago. There's a huge thread about it. My modem should work but it doesn't. WOW won't help of course.

I already have one modem I paid for sitting gathering dust. I'm not going to risk it again.

Even the one WOW gives me has been replaced three times and I don't think my current one is getting the updates properly. Since it's theirs they replace it.
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

then maybe your cable lines have a problem and not your modem. Have them replace the line going from outside to inside your house. Demand it if they say no. It's their job to do that because they own that line.

Inside your house make sure the line going to your cable modem is high quality RG6 quad shielded cable. If you use a splitter, don't buy one from your local walmart... get one from an electronics store and pay a little more for it.

There are many things you can do before giving up

brahmin
Premium Member
join:2006-08-12
Maple Heights, OH

brahmin to Body Count

Premium Member

to Body Count
Cool I found this but what modem can I get with the VOIP/TEL
interface ? Possible ? I am sick of the rental crap also
Body Count
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by brahmin:

Cool I found this but what modem can I get with the VOIP/TEL
interface ? Possible ? I am sick of the rental crap also

I asked this question to customer service and they said you must rent their modem if you use their phone service.

But if you use Vonage (which is the same thing really), you can have your own modem.