share rss forum feed

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

[PA] Painful..

So how long is it going to take to drive across PA? I'm going to MI and i figure it's going to take 5-6 hours of trip time alone?

I'm taking I-80W

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04

The all-knowing Google says 4 hr 51 min (311 miles).

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Sounds about right.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

Here in emlenton right now not so bad but the fog in some areas is crazy

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Subaru

I used to have to drive from Scranton area to Pittsburgh a few times a few years back.
80 is a looong road but tolerable and nice mountain scenery if you dig that...
...but what made it bad was road construction. When two lanes narrow down to one, it's a crawl...even if not many cars on the road. And WORST is when they left those lane closures up over a weekend when no one was working! That drove me freakin' crazy...
I dunno the state of construction on 80 these days...isn't there a site/google map that shows that...?
KM
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential

Bobcat79
Premium

»www.511pa.com/Traffic.aspx

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

LOL. awesome. 80 looks just as construction-ridden now as it did when I had to drive it.
Enjoy, Subaru!
--
Don't Lie - Be Kind - Realize your Potential

Bobcat79
Premium

In New Jersey, Chris Christie has solved that problem by not doing any construction and letting the roads go to Hell. Some roads are like driving on the Moon. But we have the 3rd lowest gas tax! That way we have money to replace our cars' suspensions.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

I dunno what way I came but i think I 80 East stops or ends near the GWB? I saw signs all the way up to where you get near the bridge.. I did not get home until like 6:30 am so i got in traffic on the bridge but it was not so bad.. I really wanted to take the lower level but too much effort to try to cross all those lanes to get to the lower.

Bobcat79
Premium

People say that Rt 80 goes from New York City to San Francisco, but it never reaches either.

Always take the George Washington Bridge's lower level (a.k.a. "Martha"). Heading east, that means taking the local lanes when you get close to the bridge.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

maybe it was just me being tired but I know for sure the huge sign that says I-80 ends I-95 begins.

Bobcat79
Premium

said by Subaru:

maybe it was just me being tired but I know for sure the huge sign that says I-80 ends I-95 begins.

Yes, that is correct. It's in New Jersey. Therefore, as I said, Rt 80 does not enter New York.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by Bobcat79:

said by Subaru:

Yes, that is correct. It's in New Jersey. Therefore, as I said, Rt 80 does not enter New York.

oh haha I just woke up I must of missed that