spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jojoyohan
join:2007-02-19
united state

jojoyohan

[Newsgroups] Supernews/Giganews Down?

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to either of these providers? I cannot connect to the supernews news servers or either of their websites.

Just to make sure it wasn't just me, »www.downforeveryoneorjus ··· news.com and »www.downforeveryoneorjus ··· news.com show both sites as down as well.

Anon315
@spcsdns.net

Anon315

Anon

Yup, appears to be down... my guess is that it was shut down on purpose, for whatever reason. Both their website and NNTP servers went down at the same time. Those are different servers altogether...

Anon

CharAnon
@rr.com

CharAnon

Anon

It seems to be down for me too on TWC in NC. Thought there was another issue with my DNS so I tried pinging the website and the NNTP server and neither reply. And since they are very different servers I am assuming this was intentional.

Anononon
@rr.com

Anononon to jojoyohan

Anon

to jojoyohan
Same here. Now what...
jojoyohan
join:2007-02-19
united state

jojoyohan to Anon315

to Anon315
I doubt a company such as giganews would take down its website intentionally without any explanation. They pride themselves with customer service and this seems like the complete opposite of a good idea.

That being said, can anyone with giganews connect to the eu servers? That would probably indicate something intentional.
Tap45
join:2003-06-08
Puyallup, WA

Tap45 to jojoyohan

to jojoyohan
Powerusenet down also.

qbert
@datafoundry.com

qbert

Anon

I couldn't connect to giganews either. The website is down like others have said. I have the vypr vpn service and turned that on and connected to the giganews servers with newsbin pro, but it's really slow. I'm not sure what is going on to be honest...

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to jojoyohan

Premium Member

to jojoyohan
Giganews doesnt go down though, there price doesnt let it. Sorry I had to.

Anononon
@rr.com

Anononon to jojoyohan

Anon

to jojoyohan
Supernews back online, thank the usenet gods...

Griff88
@comcast.net

Griff88 to swintec

Anon

to swintec
Supernews appears to be back up.

Sircolby450
join:2005-11-26

Sircolby450 to swintec

to swintec
said by swintec:

Giganews doesnt go down though, there price doesnt let it. Sorry I had to.

Lol damn you beat me to it.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31 to jojoyohan

to jojoyohan
Went to the giga website to check it out. There is no mention they had a problem anywhere on the site, including their phony "blog." It's as though it never happened.
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

said by Rojo31:

Went to the giga website to check it out. There is no mention they had a problem anywhere on the site, including their phony "blog." It's as though it never happened.

The NSA doesn't like it when you reveal that they were installing black boxes in your server farm.

Griff88
@comcast.net

Griff88

Anon

If it had been the NSA, there wouldn't have been any down time.
Rojo31
join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Rojo31

The Newsgroup Search Association?

sfl0w
join:2010-07-20
Birmingham, AL

sfl0w to jojoyohan

to jojoyohan
Giganews is likely having cash flow problems following their user base's recent wake up realizing they were being totally ripped off and perfect 10's lawsuit.