OldschoolDSL to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Rant] 2 years worth of RAIN

said by ctggzg:

said by tshirt:

Ok you mean the TAP.
Repost in the direct forum using the correct terminology,

If we're discussing terminology, that's still ambiguous and not completely accurate. In the cable world, this is also a "tap", which is back in the splitter realm:

»ii.alatest.com/product/6 ··· ay-0.jpg

said by DarkLogix:

I think we're talking about these
»www.antronix.net/Product ··· a467cabe

What's on the side of my house, looks like a cross between these two. Neither photo above does it exact justice, but imagine something morphed between them and you'll have an idea on what's on the side of my house.

I was told the "tap" is on the telephone pole. But maybe I was misinformed. Have no idea what's inside the box on the pole... Do know in the past they have found "water" in it once (have a few theads about that, if anyone wants to search).

I also know they've re-wired that box on the pole a few times (sometimes wires are all nice inside it and others times they seem exposed).
alfnoid
MVM
join:2002-02-18

alfnoid

MVM

said by OldschoolDSL:

said by ctggzg:

said by DarkLogix:

What's on the side of my house, looks like a cross between these two. Neither photo above does it exact justice, but imagine something morphed between them and you'll have an idea on what's on the side of my house.

You don't have an amp on the outside of your house do you?
I've seen it happen before

Pics please.

It is also entirely possible that your "tap" (this is on the line near the pole) is "watered out" and needs replacement. Most cable companies have a line or construction tech do this kinda thing....a service tech can't in most areas.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

1 edit

beachintech to OldschoolDSL

Premium Member

to OldschoolDSL
said by OldschoolDSL:

said by ctggzg:

said by tshirt:

Ok you mean the TAP.
Repost in the direct forum using the correct terminology,

If we're discussing terminology, that's still ambiguous and not completely accurate. In the cable world, this is also a "tap", which is back in the splitter realm:

»ii.alatest.com/product/6 ··· ay-0.jpg

said by DarkLogix:

I was told the "tap" is on the telephone pole. But maybe I was misinformed. Have no idea what's inside the box on the pole... Do know in the past they have found "water" in it once (have a few theads about that, if anyone wants to search).

I also know they've re-wired that box on the pole a few times (sometimes wires are all nice inside it and others times they seem exposed).

Please post a picture of the what you are talking about. That will clear all this up.

Overtkill
Premium Member
join:2005-09-21
Tooele, UT

Overtkill

Premium Member

Ditto....

Take a picture of what you are trying to describe to us and maybe we'll have a suggestion or 20.

OldschoolDSL
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

OldschoolDSL

Premium Member

said by Overtkill:

Ditto....

Take a picture of what you are trying to describe to us and maybe we'll have a suggestion or 20.

Please read thread, before comment

(And you would have noticed the photos)

Thank you.

DerMon
@comcast.net

DerMon to OldschoolDSL

Anon

to OldschoolDSL
The tap is where your drop connects to the main feed coax for your neighborhodd. The drop connects to your house at a grounded splitter. If the issue is at the Tap on the pole, then Field/line operations has to come out to fix. Repair techs deall with any issues from the tap on into the house. If you have had this ongoing issue, i am surprised that no repair tech has not put in a "refer to maintenace" ticket. Phone reps cannot put in a ref to ticket, only repair techs