uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2 edits

2 recommendations

kickass69

Welcome former Bresnan now Optimum West customers

It sounds like you will get a improved service over what Bresnan had been offering to you. Definitely seems like quicker speeds than what you've been accustomed to with Bresnan with the standard 15/2 and with what's considered over here on the east coast with what's now known as Boost Legacy.

»west.optimum.com

Also seems like your rates for iO Gold and Silver are lower than here on average but Broadcast Basic is alot higher. Getting HBO is $3 cheaper. The Movie channel On-Demands are $1 cheaper. They oddly seperated the Sports and Entertainement Paks out there for $5.95 each while here it's combined iO Sports & Entertainment Pak for $6.95. DVR service is $1 cheaper than over here. Amazingly the equipment fees are lower and there's no 'Premium Programming on Additional Outlets' fee at all.

Triple Play is $10 cheaper but that's the original Triple Play and not the Ultimate Triple Play we have now which included the new Boost Plus speeds of 50/8.

Aside from Broadcast Basic and the iO Sports and Entertainment Paks being seperate, you're currently getting a better deal overall than we are.

New Optimum Voice customers with Optimum Online
As low as $19.95/month when combined with the Optimum Rewards Discount. For the east coast while...

New Optimum Voice customers with Optimum Online
As low as $14.95/month when combined with the Optimum Rewards Discount. For Optimum West.

Shockingly to maintain your current number for Optimum West..it's $10 while here it's $40.

There's also a service Optimum West has called Wifi@Home.

»west.optimum.com/service ··· _at_home

Basically a service for $59 for something a person could do themself. Where they can either set it up or you yourself setup a wireless router and need to install DigiDo software while getting a Netgear's RangeMax Wireless-N 3500v2 Gigabit Router to use with it. I guess if anything goes wrong with the router they'll replace it the same as they would if one of their cable modems or cable boxes went bad.

Totally not worth it and a waste in my opinion. Gives me the impression they're catering to morons or think the customers out there are morons who would fall for this.

To sum it up, while you don't have Boost Plus, Ultra or Optimum Wifi as well as limited on-demand choices currently...you're currently getting for the most part cheaper service than we are. Us east coasters hope we get the channels we've been missing over here from your lineups.

Congratulations and welcome to Optimum territory. Hope you enjoy it.

Not sure if you want the Bresnan Online forum renamed to Optimum West and to stay over there along with just having Optimum techs from that territory to troubleshoot or to eliminate the Bresnan Online forum and just come here to the main Cablevision forum.
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

cablewizzard

said by kickass69:

[...] Amazingly the equipment fees are lower and there's no 'Premium Programming on Additional Outlets' fee at all.

[...]

Aside from Broadcast Basic and the iO Sports and Entertainment Paks being seperate, you're currently getting a better deal overall than we are.

dood, like: have you checked the average per-household income in those areas before making statements like "better deal overall"?

We are talking the vast expense of the west here, where you run into areas with no cable service for 100 miles around, and household income levels BELOW the federal average.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I'm aware of that. I had a couple of family members living in Evanston, Wyoming once upon a time. Still, another 'charge it because we can' fee that isn't justified regardless of the market.

ScottInKal
@bresnan.net

ScottInKal to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
Yes, please rename the Bresnan forums optimum west. I think issue resolution will be a little easier if we keep the forums separate.

drake
Back to back
MVM
join:2002-06-10
Bridgeport, CT

1 recommendation

drake to kickass69

MVM

to kickass69
said by kickass69:

Not sure if you want the Bresnan Online forum renamed to Optimum West and to stay over there along with just having Optimum techs from that territory to troubleshoot or to eliminate the Bresnan Online forum and just come here to the main Cablevision forum.

I believe the final decision lies with site admins, which could be brought to the »Feedback board.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I know, I was just trying to gather responses from the Optimum West customers to see what they wanted.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 recommendation

SimbaSeven to kickass69

to kickass69
I'm a little excited here.. I'm waiting for our internet package to go from 18x1 to a 30x5 (from what I hear).

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

Welcome!

Actually, you can call Cablevision and upgrade to BOOST+, a 50mbit/8mbit tier. OOL contracted with Hostway to deliver a free domain of your choice, free web hosting (don't quote me, I believe that the space is 1200 megs, and unlimited transfers, unlimited xfer, php and other perks, and last but not least you have the ability to open port 80 and/or 25, and run your own server which is completely legal on this tier.

Inquire about BOOST+ - you will need a DOCSIS 3 modem which Cablevision will provide free of chage, unless you already have one.

Good luck and once again, Welcome to our corner of paradise!

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

If you went to the Optimum West site in my original post, you'd know they're only offering the original Boost (Boost Legacy) speeds of 30/5. Boost Plus or Ultra isn't offered out there yet.

»west.optimum.com/service ··· ne_boost

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT

drake to kickass69

MVM

to kickass69
With CV acquiring Bresnan - and branding it as 'Optimum West' - I'm wondering if CV would expand their services further into the west territory, either by deploying their services to those in no-man's land (no basic broadband available, except SAT services), or even purchasing territories from current cable operators.

Just random thoughts...

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

It's possible, but I bet they want to deploy all the services we have over here out in former Bresnan land before moving on to other areas.

drake
Back to back
MVM
Bridgeport, CT

drake

MVM

said by kickass69:

It's possible, but I bet they want to deploy all the services we have over here out in former Bresnan land before moving on to other areas.

Well, that's obvious, but I'm talking about future expansion of course, not "lets expand right this second" kinda move.
I'm curious to know, after the DOCSIS 3.0 upgrade occurs with their systems, and all tiers are matched with Optimum East, how will their earnings hold up - was it a financially escalated move, and so forth.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

While I am sure Cablevision will look to profit from their acquisition of Bresnan, there is some history between the Dolan and Bresnan Families...so who knows.

I don't think that this is part of some massive expansion strategy.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by limegrass69:

I don't think that this is part of some massive expansion strategy.

Doubtful, but who knows.
said by limegrass69:

While I am sure Cablevision will look to profit from their acquisition of Bresnan, there is some history between the Dolan and Bresnan Families...so who knows.

I heard that same thing between the families. I heard Bill Bresnan knew the CEO back in the '70s (or was it '80s).

I'm just glad Comcrap or TWC didn't take over. We'd be really screwed.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

Welcome to the dysfunctional Cablevision family!!

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Just to make it easier for our new Bresnan brothers and sisters, the slowdown thread can be found here:

»And the slowdown continues...

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Nice one smarta*s. We'll see how often they'll need to utilize that thread.

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

Lex Luthor to kickass69

Mod

to kickass69
To help a bit, I did create a posting radio button named "Bresnan".

Anyone in the Bresnan/Optimum West region should tag their threads with that button to keep things from getting too confused.

Welcome.

crazyman312
@bresnan.net

crazyman312 to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
Love my new speeds!!!

ginger
@bresnan.net

ginger to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
Your letter said I was going to be charged more now for being a loyal customer for years with all three services. Not right not fair, loyal customers should get all the same prices as advertised on TV.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I don't agree with CV's annual price hikes on TV but sadly it's how most cable companies operate. Atleast they're not hiking internet prices.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

Word has it that CV might be looking for a buyer. God I hope not since we just got taken over by CV here.

I kinda wish they'd left things alone at the call center here, though. I have heard that it's been hell with all the policy changes.

As for the Cable, we are strictly Internet and Phone. We haven't really found a use for CATV lately due to all the excessive crap on.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to kickass69

to kickass69
From today's earnings call.

Jim Dolan: I'd like to address the recent press reports about our Optimum West business. As we have stated previously, we are confident in the prospects for growth at Optimum West and we are pleased with our progress to date. In recent weeks, a number of parties expressed their unsolicited interest in possibly acquiring Optimum West. While it's not been our intention to divest this valuable asset, based on the approaches that we received, we have decided to explore a potential transaction.

»seekingalpha.com/article ··· t?page=2