kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

One less venue to go to

now.

Jiffy Lube Live Bans Tailgating

»www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle···ory.html

What a money grab.
One of the best times I have ever had at a "recent" concert was walking through the old Nissan Pavilion parking lot from one end to the other at a Buffet concert. Parrot Heads know how to have a really good time and demonstrated a level of tailgating creativity that was very impressive.

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There
They say the change is in part because of Virginia law. Makes me wonder if this law has been effect for awhile and just ignored for this venue or if it's a newly passed law. I've never been to a concert here, but if they are opening the parking lots later, I doubt I will go. I hate traffic.
--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Would that be the same Virginia law that lets you bring wine or beer into Wolf Trap and have a picnic? Just sayin'

Anyway, the way to beat traffic at Jiffy Lube is to park in Manassas and take a taxi in. When you leave the Manassas cab company has taxi's outside the gate so you can walk out, grab a cab which is outside the parking lot and be off to your vehicle.

Difference is Sting Concert, parking in lot and waiting to get out of lot = arrival at home at 3 AM
Jimmy Buffet take cab and arrive at home by 11:45 PM.

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium
join:2008-01-11
Out There
Thanks for info, I'll have to keep that in mind.

As to the law, just quoting what the guy in the article was saying, I do agree it's a lame excuse to grab money.
--
»www.jrslaterphotography.com/

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to grobinette
Yeah, I was reading some of the threads at Buffet News and they are going a little wacko over the new policy. Not so much because of the "no drinking" rule, which they think is all about the money, but the inability of the Buffet fans to have a tailgate party in the lot. Alcohol or not, that is where the party starts.

For that particular crowd it will be really interesting to see as they have refined the pre concert party to a level comparable to the Dead Heads.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to grobinette
Saw Aerosmith and ZZ top there a few years ago before the name change. Just another reason not to go there again.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
The name change or the double bill?

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
said by grobinette:

The name change or the double bill?

LOL....Nah, the lack of tailgating. Only been there the one time and it was fun. Actually wanted to see ZZ TOP more than Aerosmith and in the end, enjoyed the Aerosmith show way better than ZZ TOP.

I don't like driving down there because it involves traversing 495 and 66. Would prefer to see shows at Meriweather since it's a helluva lot closer and easier to get to.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
That is how I feel about Meriweather. Way to much trouble for me to get to from Northern VA. And they don't allow tailgating either.