how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lhiraman

join:2010-04-28
Landing, NJ

[OOL] double play

I just called customer service asking for a special promo to upgrade my 15/2 service to the boost plus; the rep was trying and trying to push their triple play. I said that I was only interested in finding out how much my bill would be with boost and if "possible" can I get on a promo...I finally gave up and hanged up.

I really hate calling them.

I sent an email, I get a reply to call their customer service.

THEY SUCK!

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
When I called to cancel my service because my bill was too high, the first thing they tried to do was sell me a package that would INCREASE my bill!!!

lhiraman

Landing, NJ
reply to lhiraman
Man...it get so frustrating!

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to lhiraman
said by lhiraman:

I just called customer service asking for a special promo to upgrade my 15/2 service to the boost plus; the rep was trying and trying to push their triple play. I said that I was only interested in finding out how much my bill would be with boost and if "possible" can I get on a promo...I finally gave up and hanged up.

THEY SUCK!

If there was a double-play promo, the sales rep would have told you about it. There is not. You will pay standard price for both, unless there is a promo for one of the services alone they can give.

said by Bobcat79:

When I called to cancel my service because my bill was too high, the first thing they tried to do was sell me a package that would INCREASE my bill!!!

Sometimes paying one company more money will make you pay less overall to other companies. That would be why they might mention it in that type of circumstance.

Bobcat79
Premium
said by frdrizzt:

If there was a double-play promo, the sales rep would have told you about it. There is not.

Just so people know, there is a double-play promo for NEW customers: $44.95 for iO Family Cable + $29.95 for OOL = $74.90 total for one year.

Note this is MORE expensive than the two year, triple-play promo for Fios/satellite TV customers.

Having said that, everything's negotiable.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

If there was a double-play promo, the sales rep would have told you about it. There is not.

Just so people know, there is a double-play promo for NEW customers: $44.95 for iO Family Cable + $29.95 for OOL = $74.90 total for one year.

Note this is MORE expensive than the two year, triple-play promo for Fios/satellite TV customers.

That's standard pricing on iO and a promo on the OOL. This promo is something that some with OOL only have stated having. Most people who say "double play" are implying a "$29.95 per service" type thing (which business accounts have for internet & phone, for example, and is the only double play promo Cablevision has), which is not a promotion Cablevision has at this time.

edit: I see the below post, and stand corrected. I saw the $44.95, and for some reason was thinking the $44.95 for OOL when you have iO, ignoring the fact that it was actually the iO rate. Speak to sales for more info, I guess.

Bobcat79
Premium
said by frdrizzt:

said by Bobcat79:

That's standard pricing on iO and a promo on the OOL. This promo is something that some with OOL only have stated having. Most people who say "double play" are implying a "$29.95 per service" type thing (which business accounts have for internet & phone, for example, and is the only double play promo Cablevision has), which is not a promotion Cablevision has at this time.

The $44.95 is a promo for iO Family Cable. The regular price is $70.90.

Bobcat79
Premium
reply to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

I just ordered the $74.90 double play (plus $6.95 for an SD box, plus $19.95 for installation). I tried to talk the guy into a cheaper price or a 2 year promo, but he wouldn't bite.

The most annoying part is that they're charging my first month's bill to my credit card today, even though the service won't be installed for 2 1/2 weeks.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
reply to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

Same here. They call all the time to sell me triple play. They say how much money it will save me - but when they finally look at my bill, it will go up! They said I could drop my home phone - to which I replied I had none. Well, then, it will save you minutes on your cell plan. They never give up - have an answer to everything.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

Bobcat79
Premium
I put myself on CV's internal do-not-call list. They haven't called me in at least 5 years.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to Bobcat79
Welcome back to Cablevison, Bobcat79 See Profile !!!!

Bobcat79
Premium
said by limegrass69:

Welcome back to Cablevison, Bobcat79 See Profile !!!!

Not for another 2 1/2 weeks. $82/month + taxes is still too much.

jerzduck
Premium
join:2001-07-03
Piscataway, NJ
reply to lhiraman
said by lhiraman:

THEY SUCK!

Yes I just upgraded to boost plus went real smooth and easy the guys i talked with nice only thing was the sales dude setting up the mailing of my modem was pushing the triple play..... wanted to send a tech to hook up unneeded phone, I not a big fan of people being in my bedroomnot that i have anything to hide just irks me... but overall veery good job by them
--
OOL Member Since August 2000

lhiraman

Landing, NJ
yeah I had no luck trying to get a deal for the internet and telephone. I am currently paying 84 for both. It would be nice to only pay the 60 for both that would include boost plus.

Ricanlegend

join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY
reply to lhiraman
I found out the best way to get discount is having a girl talk to them, I usually find that if i put my girl on the phone in speaker i can tell her what to say, guys can be talked into by a girl with a sexy voice for good discounts

brut7

join:2000-10-06
Babylon, NY
reply to lhiraman
Get a Magicjack, dump the phone and upgrade to boost plus

lhiraman

Landing, NJ
Does the magic jack really work well...?

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

This is not what the poster wanted (unless they will allow you to swap the OOL for Boost/Boost+ by paying $45 in lieu of the $30 since the OOL is OOL Standard Tier (15/2) not a Boost Tier.

Bobcat79
Premium
said by RARPSL:

said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

This is not what the poster wanted (unless they will allow you to swap the OOL for Boost/Boost+ by paying $45 in lieu of the $30 since the OOL is OOL Standard Tier (15/2) not a Boost Tier.

I believe they do have a promo like that, but I didn't ask, as I'm not interested in Boost. I found I had to explicitly ask for what I wanted. The rep did not tell me about this specific promo until I pushed them.