spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Albert71292
join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA

Albert71292

Strange call from AT&T

Got a strange phone call from AT&T the other night. The woman on the phone said they had noticed I no longer had DSL on my account, then asked if I had moved. Having landline phone service with them still, I thought that was an odd question, wouldn't they know I was in the same place?

Anyway, I told her that, no I hadn't moved, I had only switched DSL providers. She then asked my reason for switching, and I told her it was because of the new monthly cap policy. She didn't have much to say after that, just thanked me, said she'd make a note of it, and to have a nice evening.

Anyone else that might have dropped their DSL recently get this kind of call?
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

I haven't but if I did, I'd tell them the same thing....

Just jumped over to CC Business class a month or so ago and loving the speeds...I should have done it a long time ago.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to Albert71292

to Albert71292
The only way companies like this will pay attention and do what customers want is if they continue to lose them for this greedy practice. Unfortunately not everyone has the option of switching.. They know this too...
BobHelms
Premium Member
join:2008-06-22
Cary, NC

BobHelms to Albert71292

Premium Member

to Albert71292
Maybe a reference to all the "warm and fuzzy" feelings we all get while reading the new TOS would be applicable!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by BobHelms:

Maybe a reference to all the "warm and fuzzy" feelings we all get while reading the new TOS would be applicable!

I prefer to share that warm and fuzzy feeling (along with the warm and wet feeling) with the world. Here is a screen shot of one of my BellSouth PWP sites (which used to contain real content which was referred to by my real web sites). I have about a dozen of these sites, and hopefully they will eventually bubble to the top of some of the popular search indexes:

»bellsouthpwp2.net/d/c/dcsnet

I feel safe publishing that since the TOS excerpt already belongs to AT&T/Yahoo! (and current copyright law allows me to republish excerpts for discussion/analysis purposes), and if they want to republish my "Piss on AT&T/Yahoo!" image, they are welcome to do so. In fact, if anyone here wants there own personal copy, here is the url: »bellsouthpwp2.net/d/c/dc ··· -att.jpg

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Albert71292

Premium Member

to Albert71292
said by Albert71292:

Anyway, I told her that, no I hadn't moved, I had only switched DSL providers. She then asked my reason for switching, and I told her it was because of the new monthly cap policy. She didn't have much to say after that, just thanked me, said she'd make a note of it, and to have a nice evening.

So who is this through??? Don't expect it to last forever if you aren't paying Biz rates.... they are still using ATT's infrastructure...
OK you want to provide unlimited... then your rates are going up, and then guess what so will yours.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

So who is this through??? Don't expect it to last forever if you aren't paying Biz rates.... they are still using ATT's infrastructure...
OK you want to provide unlimited... then your rates are going up, and then guess what so will yours.

Not necessarily. There are CLECs who have there own DSLAMs, access concentrators, T1 multiplexers, and fiber links feeding them. They only lease the copper lines from AT&T for the "last mile" delivery medium to their customers. AT&T has absolutely nothing to say about what is being done with those lines.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

Not necessarily. There are CLECs who have there own DSLAMs, access concentrators, T1 multiplexers, and fiber links feeding them. They only lease the copper lines from AT&T for the "last mile" delivery medium to their customers. AT&T has absolutely nothing to say about what is being done with those lines.

True, but very few and far between mostly urban areas, most are just resellers. That is why I asked.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

If he had gone to at&t business class he would have not been capped. The company he moved his business too may have been cheaper then at&t business more power too him. At least he had a choice.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Albert71292

to Albert71292
those AT&T call center people trying to sell me DSL service has been calling me non stop...

every single time they call I tell them the same thing that I used to have DSL and have cancelled it and please take me off your DSL solicitation list or whatever list they are working off.

it's getting to be annoying.....

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by medbuyer:

those AT&T call center people trying to sell me DSL service has been calling me non stop...

I haven't had that problem, all I get is the standard U-verse junk mail that they send to everybody (even where U-verse is not available).

Of course since they considered me to be a bandwidth hog because I had two DSL circuits, and because of that, deactivated one of my circuits (thereby throwing me into the Comcast brier patch), I guess it is pretty clear that AT&T doesn't really want my business.
Albert71292
join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA

Albert71292 to NetFixer

to NetFixer
Not sure the extent of the equipment they run, but their ads seem fairly certain they won't be putting in caps...