Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to frdrizzt

Premium Member

to frdrizzt

Re: [OOL] double play

said by frdrizzt:

If there was a double-play promo, the sales rep would have told you about it. There is not.

Just so people know, there is a double-play promo for NEW customers: $44.95 for iO Family Cable + $29.95 for OOL = $74.90 total for one year.

Note this is MORE expensive than the two year, triple-play promo for Fios/satellite TV customers.

Having said that, everything's negotiable.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 edit

frdrizzt

said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

If there was a double-play promo, the sales rep would have told you about it. There is not.

Just so people know, there is a double-play promo for NEW customers: $44.95 for iO Family Cable + $29.95 for OOL = $74.90 total for one year.

Note this is MORE expensive than the two year, triple-play promo for Fios/satellite TV customers.

That's standard pricing on iO and a promo on the OOL. This promo is something that some with OOL only have stated having. Most people who say "double play" are implying a "$29.95 per service" type thing (which business accounts have for internet & phone, for example, and is the only double play promo Cablevision has), which is not a promotion Cablevision has at this time.

edit: I see the below post, and stand corrected. I saw the $44.95, and for some reason was thinking the $44.95 for OOL when you have iO, ignoring the fact that it was actually the iO rate. Speak to sales for more info, I guess.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by frdrizzt:

said by Bobcat79:

That's standard pricing on iO and a promo on the OOL. This promo is something that some with OOL only have stated having. Most people who say "double play" are implying a "$29.95 per service" type thing (which business accounts have for internet & phone, for example, and is the only double play promo Cablevision has), which is not a promotion Cablevision has at this time.

The $44.95 is a promo for iO Family Cable. The regular price is $70.90.
Bobcat79

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by Bobcat79:

I just ordered the $74.90 double play (plus $6.95 for an SD box, plus $19.95 for installation). I tried to talk the guy into a cheaper price or a 2 year promo, but he wouldn't bite.

The most annoying part is that they're charging my first month's bill to my credit card today, even though the service won't be installed for 2 1/2 weeks.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

Welcome back to Cablevison, Bobcat79 See Profile !!!!
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by limegrass69:

Welcome back to Cablevison, Bobcat79 See Profile !!!!

Not for another 2 1/2 weeks. $82/month + taxes is still too much.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to Bobcat79

to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

This is not what the poster wanted (unless they will allow you to swap the OOL for Boost/Boost+ by paying $45 in lieu of the $30 since the OOL is OOL Standard Tier (15/2) not a Boost Tier.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by RARPSL:

said by Bobcat79:

said by frdrizzt:

This is not what the poster wanted (unless they will allow you to swap the OOL for Boost/Boost+ by paying $45 in lieu of the $30 since the OOL is OOL Standard Tier (15/2) not a Boost Tier.

I believe they do have a promo like that, but I didn't ask, as I'm not interested in Boost. I found I had to explicitly ask for what I wanted. The rep did not tell me about this specific promo until I pushed them.