BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Beachie

Premium Member

to Beachie

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

This really isn't the thread for Uverse (obviously) but to clarify a thing or two it does not appear to give you control over live television if I am reading this right but actually gives you control over pre-recorded material. I think this is the way that all WHDVR systems will go soon enough. Just in this thread alone there have been requests for this feature and in other threads where we have discussed this the same feature requests have been echoed.

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie

It does appear to give you control over live tv:
quote:
AT&T today announced the launch of new AT&T U-verseĀ® TV Total Home DVR features which give U-verse customers the ability to pause and rewind live TV on any U-verse receiver in the home.
quote:
However, with AT&T U-verse Total Home DVR’s latest enhancements, customers can control, record and play back shows on non-DVR TVs and pause or rewind live TV shows from any room in their home, even when the DVR is connected to a different TV.

rbmoving
@rr.com

rbmoving

Anon

Now that are terrific addition.....playing back on any Non-DVR TV....does that include a TV in the house connected directly to cable...no Box at all?

Does anyone know if AT&T charges a fee to Install WHDVR?

When I heard about WHDVR prior to its released I had read one way it might work is that in Playback would flow out over a Not-in-Use Channel. That way, you could tune any TV in the house to that assigned channel... I realize you wouldn't have control.... but sometimes that isn't required. Take the situations where one person wants to watch a live TV program on your main Large screen TV that is connected to the WHDVR....and someone else just wants to watch a recorded show and it doesn't much matter that you can't control the Playback from the remote locations. Actually, I recall years ago Radio Shack sold a Repeator. You placed the receiver in the other room where you where ....the connection ran thru the Cable in the House....the receiver was positioned in front of the cable Box.....and you controlled the device....the technology is out there.......

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie

I have no clue other than what was stated in the press release. I'm not in a UVerse area nor have I ever seen any of their products in action.

It is pretty interesting technology and I'm sure the next few years will bring many exciting new products to our homes.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

dont you have to have a box on any tv to get there cable anyways. They dont offer analog cable like we do as far as I know.