Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

Hurricane long range projection

Long range weather forecasters at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center say the 2011 hurricane season could be more active than normal. Based on current and predicted long-range weather patterns, hurricane forecasters says 12-18 named storms could develop in the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea or Gulf of Mexico this season.
--
sthhjkjhyfdfhuyjhhyjgrfffgfhgjuhyk sorry there was a spider on the keyboard. i think i got it

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

They say that every year.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Locutus65

Yeah. Maybe some year they will be right.
Weathermen, what other job can you have, be wrong 70% of the time and not get fired?
--
sthhjkjhyfdfhuyjhhyjgrfffgfhgjuhyk sorry there was a spider on the keyboard. i think i got it

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

said by Locutus65:

Weathermen, what other job can you have, be wrong 70% of the time and not get fired?

While I agree with your sentiment regarding weathermen the NOAA hurricane outlook actually operates on 70% likelihood. You can read the estimate here.

There are also only two more shopping days till National Hurricane Preparedness Week (no kidding, its May 22-8) so make sure to do your gift shopping.

On a related note, did you know there are Hurricane Evacuation Route signs even north of Dallas?
--
How you can make the world a Better Place

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

Hmm, gifts for hurricane preparedness week. I guess maybe some bottled water or sterno cans would be a good choice? LOL

I'm surprised Walmart doesn't have a whole section dedicated to this.
--

mr sean
Professional Infidel
Premium,ExMod 2001-07
join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

Gifts? I need a kayak.
I canoed on a section of Memorial drive after Ike, and actually sailed (a small Sunfish) on I10 after TS Allison. If you shop at REI I bet kayaks are on sale
--
How you can make the world a Better Place

Expand your moderator at work

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX
reply to Locutus65

Re: Hurricane long range projection

Not like Texas gets hit by THAT many hurricanes compared to us (Louisiana) and the rest of the gulf coast.

zencyl

join:2009-07-24
Huntsville, TX
reply to Locutus65

the only reason I give this forecast a second thought this year is because of how abnormal the weather has been, it could be the one year we really do see that many named storms.

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety
Premium,Ex-Mod 2000-13
join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX
reply to atuarre

said by atuarre:

Not like Texas gets hit by THAT many hurricanes compared to us (Louisiana) and the rest of the gulf coast.

You are more than welcome to have all of them.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Flippant:

said by atuarre:

You are more than welcome to have all of them.

Except you can let us have a bit of the rain from any hurricanes you get
--