spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bigjimmy
@wideopenwest.com

Bigjimmy

Anon

Cablecard channel mappings update?

I've got a cablecard hooked up to my PC via a Ceton Cablecard tuner and Windows 7, and despite scanning and re-scanning for the new stations, I haven't seen anything come through today for the new HD stations. Is this to be expected? I would presume that there wouldn't be a different timetable for the different stations, but I figured I would ask just incase.

For what it's worth the new QAM stations are coming through peachy keen and the old NTSC stations are displaying the DTA video as expected (through the seperate NTSC and QAM tuners I've got). I don't mind making the call and having the signal re-sent through the automated line, but if WOW is treating the Cablecards differently than the boxes then I'll just sit it out until that happens.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

I would say call in and give it a refresh hit first. If that doesn't work, shoot me the serial number or mac address of the card and I will take a look at it.

Bigjimmy
@wideopenwest.com

Bigjimmy

Anon

I managed to get into the card's diagnostics console, and it's got all of the new stations listed internally. I guess I've just got to wait for Microsoft/Zap2It (the guide provider) to get together and send the updated guide information down to Media Center users, since there doesn't seem to be a way to add cablecard channels manually.

Literally seconds after typing the aforementioned paragraph, the manual guide update I did (from when I started it) came down and got the new stations! Apparantly the half-dozen updates I did throughout the day didn't have the new channels, but this one did. Thanks!