Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345

Re: Sprint

said by Razzy12345 :

I bet once you upgrade to a new phone, you won't get that grandfathered plan anymore.

I dunno. I would venture a guess that when my Thunderbolt craps out and I get, say, a Thunderbolt 2 that unlimited plan would transfer. Unless they do something like "get a hotspot, lose your unlimited plan" like AT&T does.

If I were to switch my 3G data card to a 4G card, then I get capped. The lady at the VZW store agreed with me that it'd be nuts to give up that plan I've got.

Razzy12345
@rr.com

Razzy12345

Anon

You'd probably get a refurb Thunderbolt. But what I am saying is, if you want to upgrade to a phone like uh Thunderbolt 2, it's likely you'd have to change to new data plan. If you keep your Thunderbolt for 5 years, you'll keep that unlimited plan.

That's how Sprint is doing with their $10 increase on data plan. My Samsung Moment is $30/mo until I upgrade to a new phone then I'll get $40/mo unlimited plan.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ke4pym

MVM

to ke4pym
said by ke4pym:

said by Razzy12345 :

I bet once you upgrade to a new phone, you won't get that grandfathered plan anymore.

I dunno. I would venture a guess that when my Thunderbolt craps out and I get, say, a Thunderbolt 2 that unlimited plan would transfer. Unless they do something like "get a hotspot, lose your unlimited plan" like AT&T does.

If I were to switch my 3G data card to a 4G card, then I get capped. The lady at the VZW store agreed with me that it'd be nuts to give up that plan I've got.

It will transfer because you are just changing phones. Once again, you are extending your existing contract. Now, if you change anything to do with your data plan, then that changes your contract.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Not always true. If you take the promo price for the phone- you lose your current contract and MUST sign a new one that is offered. if you pay full price for that phone then YES your current plan will be there. you can NOT transfer your current plan to a new phone that you get under promo. ALL carriers do not allow that and actually say "NEW contracts ONLY".

zoom314
join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA

zoom314

said by hottboiinnc4:

Not always true. If you take the promo price for the phone- you lose your current contract and MUST sign a new one that is offered. if you pay full price for that phone then YES your current plan will be there. you can NOT transfer your current plan to a new phone that you get under promo. ALL carriers do not allow that and actually say "NEW contracts ONLY".

Now I have Verizon service for My Phone, I recently had to replace said phone at My own cost, As It had no insurance, the old phone had gotten washed by accident as I was in a hurry cause of some reasons that were compelling Me to hurry, In any case I replaced the phone with one I bought off of ebay($11.13 I think & that includes shipping), which works just fine, Now I don't have a data or internet plan as I just use the Samsung sch-u540 as a phone as that's all I need, I have a PC for internet after all. The used sch-u540 was put on My contract as if It was the original, Which still partly works, It just can't detect the Verizon network and It eats the battery like crazy, Even when the cover is closed as the phone stays on... So now I have a spare battery and battery cover. Of course service where I live could be better, But then I live under a metal roof which probably doesn't help much.
« Time to Give Up the Smartphones
This is a sub-selection from Sprint