uniqs
share rss forum feed

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan
reply to Os

Re: Time to Give Up the Smartphones

said by Os:

It's funny how they're adding all these bells and whistles, and they're all trying to gouge you when you use them.

Considering how ridiculously overpriced data is on phones, I'm strongly considering just cutting mine off and getting out of this circus when my contract runs out.

They think we're dependent on these things. Maybe some people are. But others are really going to rethink this whole charade.

I have a Blackberry Curve now, which isn't good for much more than basic webpage surfing (and can even be poor at that). What's the point in me getting some new fancy Android phone if all it will do is get me overages upon overages? Anyone thinking logically can see what's going on here.

It's no wonder they want to bring the wireless model to the wirelines. And considering the way prices for everything are rising, soon every greedy corporation is in for a rude awakening.

most people nowadays are and verizon knows it

vurnun2

join:2011-05-19
Altura, MN

said by chances14:

said by Os:

It's funny how they're adding all these bells and whistles, and they're all trying to gouge you when you use them.

Considering how ridiculously overpriced data is on phones, I'm strongly considering just cutting mine off and getting out of this circus when my contract runs out.

They think we're dependent on these things. Maybe some people are. But others are really going to rethink this whole charade.

I have a Blackberry Curve now, which isn't good for much more than basic webpage surfing (and can even be poor at that). What's the point in me getting some new fancy Android phone if all it will do is get me overages upon overages? Anyone thinking logically can see what's going on here.

It's no wonder they want to bring the wireless model to the wirelines. And considering the way prices for everything are rising, soon every greedy corporation is in for a rude awakening.

most people nowadays are and verizon knows it

About the only type of cell I would be tempted to buy would be a basic cellphone for emergencies, assuming I had the money for it.. Otherwise, if I break down and need help, i would sooner flag down someone or go visit a farm house and ask permission to use theirs. baring that, if it is close enough i will go walk home if i can find something of use to get my car running again, or walk to nearest gas station. but then, I am also running the car less and a few other precautions to aviod unwarrented and unwanted suprises. I use my internet connection thats on the computer, because it makes more sense. And not only that, but my cell phones and my computers rarely interconnect. Which is especially stupid considering that at least one of them supports USB... So, why bother? Even other tech savy individuals in my family prefer the emergency cell phone plan to most cell phone plans except for my bother. His only phone is one that he feels he needs and gets a little bit of help with.