Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym

Re: Sprint

said by ke4pym:

Agreed. Everyone that has unlimited now will be grandfathered. Though, at some point, they'll figure out a way to get you un-grandfathered.

Should that point come, I'll just get a plain ole no-data-at-all-phone.

It's like my 3G data card. Grandfathered in to the unlimited plan. They'll have to pry that account from my cold, dead hands. And if they do, I'll just turn it off.

I have unlimited data right now, but will that change if I have to extend my contract another 2 years if I want to get the Samsung Galaxy S II, or will they keep me grandfathered in?
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

if you pay promo pricing for that phone NO you will NOT get to keep your current contract. You will get a new plan that is offered. If you pay FULL price for the phone; you'll get to keep your plan.

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix

Galaxy s2

Don't be in too much of a rush the Galaxy S II currently is a GSM only model phone and on evil ATT band none the less... ( dosen't mean they wont make a cdma version down the line).

Also im sure if Verizon wants to ( be dirty like ATT) they will change your TOS and wiggle in some BS if you upgrade, you can keep your unlimited talk and text, but you can NOT keep your unlimited DATA.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Sprint

said by hottboiinnc4:

if you pay promo pricing for that phone NO you will NOT get to keep your current contract. You will get a new plan that is offered. If you pay FULL price for the phone; you'll get to keep your plan.

Typically they do grandfather old plan's. Sprint and Verizon have for me, and if you switch phone's you shouldn't lose your Unlimited 4G data on VZW to anyone who's worried. Once you have it they will likely follow in AT&T's footsteps and grandfather it in. It's not like older CDMA phones, to switch devices all you do is stick you SIM card into the new device.

Heck, I have put my Droid Charge SIM into my Pantech UML290 and had working 4G LTE data without any problems, though they will likely block that from working, but not device switching.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by iLive4Fusion:

said by hottboiinnc4:

Typically they do grandfather old plan's. Sprint and Verizon have for me, and if you switch phone's you shouldn't lose your Unlimited 4G data on VZW to anyone who's worried. Once you have it they will likely follow in AT&T's footsteps and grandfather it in. It's not like older CDMA phones, to switch devices all you do is stick you SIM card into the new device.

This is what I have been saying.

As long as you keep your contract, they can't change it. Therefore, even if you switch phones, you aren't changing your current contract. You are just extending it. If they decide to change your data plan for you to this new one, then you have grounds to terminate without paying an ETF.

With Sprint thinking about following the lead of data caps too, I really don't see a reason to jump ship to another carrier. I use less than 2gb per month even with tethering. Tmobile is offering 5gb for the same price. If Verizon steps up to the plate and offers the same, I wouldn't break a sweat if I was signing up as a new customer. As it is now, I am grandfathered in, so I don't have to worry about these caps.
« Time to Give Up the Smartphones
This is a sub-selection from Sprint