spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wander1107
join:2009-09-10
Thompsons Station, TN

wander1107

[CATV] Picture and Audio Loss During a Recording

Has anyone experienced this issue on the Motorola HD DVR?

When recording either 1 or 2 shows at the same time there is a loss of video and audio playback. The screen is black and no audio.

When recording 1 show and there is a loss of video and audio the only way to get it back is to switch to the other receiver.

When 2 shows are recording you either have to wait until the shows are done so you can switch the channel or receiver or stop the recording. You can also go the the recordings menu watch other shows/movies or watch the show you are recording, while it's being recorded.

This has been happening for a few months now and I thought it was an issue with an firmware update but it may be something else.

Please let me know.

Doc Casualty
join:2005-02-06
Harbor Springs, MI

Doc Casualty

said by wander1107:

Has anyone experienced this issue on the Motorola HD DVR?

I haven't but have read of this over on AVS. Which DVR?

wander1107
Thompsons Station, TN

wander1107

Hi Doc,

Thanks for responding; the model number is DCH6416 it's a Motorola Dual Tuner HD DVR.

If you can find the link over at AVS or point me in the right that will be great and a big help.

Doc Casualty
join:2005-02-06
Harbor Springs, MI

Doc Casualty

The thread I saw this on was here: »www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/ ··· page=110

I have not experienced this with either a DCT6416 or my current DCX3501-M, though apparently other have across the DC- DVRs.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit to wander1107

to wander1107
I have the DCH 6416, and have experienced a couple of times recently of 2 shows not recording, when the DCH showed it had. I didn't get a blank screen, but when I clicked them to play, it would not move. Not exactly the same thing, but it was unusual.

I should note, I've also been having other UNrelated [I think] signal problems during this time.

wander1107
Thompsons Station, TN

wander1107

msmisfit,

What other signal problems are you experiencing? I'm also having issues that the local techs are looking into.

Thanks Doc, this info will help.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

I had really bad pixelation, and loss of sound blips on lots of channels. A Charter contractor came out last Saturday and it has improved, but not completely disappeared. Two recordings I made Monday and Tuesday had bad pixelation, but since then I've just noticed the intermittent loss of sound blips on some channels.

I'm going to wait awhile longer and see if it will possibly go away on it's own.