uniqs
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to poppachocks

to poppachocks

Re: North Carolina

They are 3x faster than DSL. It's compared to the lowest tier if you read the fine print. But of course nobody does anymore. And when your DLS line that is older than my house rots you'll have no option but to move if you don't have Internet. Remember Copper telephone wiring is on average OVER 50 years old.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

The votes of the state threw out the Democrats and replaced them with Republicans in both state Houses. The voters will get to decide if they like what they are doing or they throw the bums out. The Republican Party makes no bones about being for Big Business and small government so no voter can say they did not realize what they were voting for. Votes count.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to hottboiinnc4

MVM

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

Remember Copper telephone wiring is on average OVER 50 years old.

Of course, that means the copper in my neighborhood must have been deployed four years before the tract was built here. And ignores the fact that some telcos do expend capital to maintain and upgrade the plant. No way U-verse (or ADSL 2+, for that matter) can work on rotting copper. AT&T installed a spanking new 100-pair F2 in our neighborhood just over a year ago. And that was about five years after SBD replaced the aging 50-pair 19 ga. copper with newer 50-pair 26 ga. copper.
poppachocks
join:2009-06-02

poppachocks to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
My house was built in 2001, so I think my copper is still good for a while.