site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MSN account hacked & my phone number changed HELP!

My MSN (Hotmail) account was compromised due to an unauthorized user sending a bunch of spam. Due to this my account has been blocked. Well I created my Hotmail account many years ago & my phone number has since changed, and the only option I am given is to send a "code" to my (OLD) Cell phone?
I've tried calling customer service but they right away want the phone number on the account , which like I said has changed.
HELP?!

I would like to add that it gives me NO option to CHANGE the phone number listed.
Is there any way to talk to a person????
Already tried 1-800-386-5550
also tried at each prompt to say "agent" as Gethuman.com suggessted.
This is so frustrating!

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to Kawaii_Jenn

all you need
»account.live.com/password/reset

Cudni

Thanks, I tried that & it does let me change my password, but still when I try to sign in , it is telling me that the account is blocked.
And it's still wanting to send a code to my old cell phone
It's not like I can just get in the account and change the phone number at the moment either .. I dont know what to do, I have tried everything.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to Kawaii_Jenn

try further help
»windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx···uctid=10

Cudni

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to Kawaii_Jenn

Do the instructions in this post help?

»Re: Hotmail question

No. I have tried everything they suggested. It's still asking me to verify the account with my cell phone. I have changed the password and everything. But the account is still blocked & still asking me to verify with the cell phone number I had 10 years ago.
It would be WONDERFUL to talk to an actual customer service rep from MSN , ON THE PHONE. But you cant get a person without putting in your phone number either. UGH. Should I just consider this account unsalvageable & dead?
Hate Hackers/spammers

Shootist
Premium
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA
kudos:3

said by Kawaii_Jenn :

No. I have tried everything they suggested. It's still asking me to verify the account with my cell phone. I have changed the password and everything. But the account is still blocked & still asking me to verify with the cell phone number I had 10 years ago.
It would be WONDERFUL to talk to an actual customer service rep from MSN , ON THE PHONE. But you cant get a person without putting in your phone number either. UGH. Should I just consider this account unsalvageable & dead?
Hate Hackers/spammers

So you don't remember your old cell phone number?
If you do remember it then enter it to get to talk to someone.
--
Shooter Ready--Stand By BEEP ********

No, but I am trying to find an old bill with the number on it O.O
I have changed my number so many times over the years & I am in the middle of moving again.
Thank you everyone for your help & suggestions

Shootist
Premium
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA
kudos:3

Well did you ever think about keeping the same Cell number. You do know you can do that. But then people from your old place of residence will be able to find you.

You might have to abandon that email address, create a new one and then redirect all your email to the new account.

And next time when you change cell numbers change the access number on your email account.
--
Shooter Ready--Stand By BEEP ********

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ

or get a google voice #

bevills1

join:2006-05-29
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Kawaii_Jenn

Have you tried any of the solutions at »www.windowslivehelp.com/solution···82adb846 and »windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx···ctid=10? I had this same problem a couple of months ago and was able to resolve it there.

I don't recall exact steps, but I think I clicked the link where it says "If you are unable to verify the account..." That takes you to a page that asks you to logon to submit a request, but will still give a message that account is blocked. Finally at a link on one of those sites (the second link I believe) I was able to create a "private session" or something like that with a rep which was able to unblock my account, but it took about 10 days. I think I may have posted the problem in this forum, but I can't find the post. I hope you can find that link to the private session or what ever it was, and I wish I could recall the exact link.