sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

sonicmerlin to BlueC

to BlueC

Re: Educate the consumers

said by BlueC:

We would have much better results if consumers had a way to be educated properly. That's my theory on improving things.

Further regulation might make it, more, difficult for new companies to jump into the industry. It's quite backwards as-is, but I don't see how more laws/regulation will improve things because most of the larger ISPs will just have a way to have loopholes in place to get around most of it.

Consumers, as they are educated on what they are paying for, will be able to voice their opinion properly, which will help push for changes in the way service is managed.

I really don't see it any other way. I only say this because I have watched consumers be blindly mislead, when they easily could have prevented a provider from earning the business if they had asked the right questions and done the needed due diligence. It's amazing how many things become overlooked in this industry.

Educate the consumers, have them hold the companies accountable for their actions. The consumers are the ones paying them after all. Free market works, but only when the consumers know what's truly acceptable.

This is such a meaningless argument. Do you even know what a "free market" is? Have you even read an Econ 101 book?

What part of broadband has *no barriers to entry*, *perfect competition*, *near zero profit margins*, etc. etc.? It's a natural monopoly.

Education has nothing to do with this. You're using such a bizarre excuse to blame consumers for being stuck with a duopoly- cable or DSL.

Line-sharing has been shown to be the most effective regulation for spurring competition, capex growth, and lowering prices. The FCC's own commissioned study from Harvard's Berkman Center concluded line-sharing was the most effective tactic for the National Broadband Plan's goals.

The science says line-sharing is the best solution.
BlueC
join:2009-11-26
Minneapolis, MN

BlueC

said by sonicmerlin:

This is such a meaningless argument. Do you even know what a "free market" is? Have you even read an Econ 101 book?

What part of broadband has *no barriers to entry*, *perfect competition*, *near zero profit margins*, etc. etc.? It's a natural monopoly.

Education has nothing to do with this. You're using such a bizarre excuse to blame consumers for being stuck with a duopoly- cable or DSL.

Line-sharing has been shown to be the most effective regulation for spurring competition, capex growth, and lowering prices. The FCC's own commissioned study from Harvard's Berkman Center concluded line-sharing was the most effective tactic for the National Broadband Plan's goals.

The science says line-sharing is the best solution.

You just attempted to educate me on a subject. I guess education has nothing to do with this.

Carry on.

Solutionary
@76.247.46.x

Solutionary to sonicmerlin

Anon

to sonicmerlin
said by sonicmerlin:

This is such a meaningless argument. Do you even know what a "free market" is?

The real question, based on this and the rest of your posting history, is: Do YOU know what a "free market" is?
Expand your moderator at work
« Unless...
This is a sub-selection from Educate the consumers