This is a sub-selection from Educate the consumers
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to BlueC

to BlueC

Re: Educate the consumers

said by BlueC:

Why do you think companies take advantage of everyone? Because no one knows what's even going on. I'm not talking about the people on this site, we all know the opinions here, but if you honestly took a look at the majority of broadband consumers, you'd be surprised how little knowledge is there.

Don't you think consumers would have a larger impact if more of them understood how the service even worked?

This is how things got so screwed up to begin with. I've been watching companies taking advantage of people, and not because of regulations/laws/franchises/etc, but because they blindly allowed a provider to provide them crappy service.

Allow consumers to set a higher standard. Most people don't seem to even care because they don't truly understand it. Obviously on this site consumers have a better idea, but that's not the case with 99.99% of consumers outside of this site.

You're just blaming consumers. There has never been an industry where consumers collectively "punished" a monopoly for high prices. It all boils down to trust-busting and price regulation.

Solutionary
@sbcglobal.net

Solutionary

Anon

As I've said before, regulation is supposed to SUPPLEMENT personal responsibility, not be an outright substitute for it.

You want a corrupt government to uncorrupt itself somehow?
« Unless...
This is a sub-selection from Educate the consumers