Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DannyCalgary

join:2011-01-19
Calgary, AB
reply to AlphaPenguin

Re: New Prices, New Bundles, Unlimited Bandwidth

I will give this a try tomorrow night or this weekend. I'm getting shaw installed again tomorrow, but will leave Telus hooked up for a while before I decide. Just going to run some tests and what not.

tjsnide4

join:2004-07-26
reply to DannyCal1987
Anyone here run over their cap and get bumped up to the next speed yet?

Just curious if thats working yet. And if i had to make any changes to my old plan for that to occur?

Im just on the 7.5Mbps 125GB plan. About 7gb away from hitting my cap.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
said by tjsnide4:

Anyone here run over their cap and get bumped up to the next speed yet?

Just curious if thats working yet. And if i had to make any changes to my old plan for that to occur?

Im just on the 7.5Mbps 125GB plan. About 7gb away from hitting my cap.

All of this has been covered in the first 2 posts. Please review them.

A) No. Not until 2012.
B) You need to join the BB50 or BB100 series of plans to get this.
C) If you stay on your plan you will be grandfathered.

iHateShaw

join:2009-05-16
The current High Speed and Extreme plans are NOT being grandfathered. They will still be offered along with the new BB plans for people that need less speed or don't want to participate in the bump-up program.

DannyCalgary

Calgary, AB
reply to DannyCal1987
I talked to someone on chat about this a week ago. It was getting a bit ridiculous cause I asked them if I go over ont he BB100 plan for example, what happens. Then he told me about the bump up thing, but then I asked about it not happening until Feb 2012 and he confirmed this. So once again I asked him what would happen for the time being, and he said something about Shaw will contact you 3 times then do something more after that. So it sounds like if you go over they will do nothing more than what they were doing before UBB (only the highest usage users will be contacted). But who knows as this was only on shaw chat support.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to AlphaPenguin
said by AlphaPenguin :

Why would FFTH be significantly better than non?

Because it skips the DSL/DOCSIS framing+FEC->modulation->demodulation->DSL/DOCSIS deframing steps... FTTH should have first-hop (OLT) latency well under 1ms since it is direct digital transmission with none of the extra analog steps. Jitter to the first hop should also be considerably less. Beyond that, the rest depends on the carrier's network architecture and peering/transit arrangements.

fk6

join:2011-06-02
Surrey, BC
reply to DannyCal1987
So I got my bill for the new Unlimited stuff.

Current Monthly Services: 157.85

But on top of that:
Transaction Fees: 14.95
Changes Since Your Previous Invoice: 19.09

+ $23HST on top of that.

Yikes, there's like no explanation for those two items at all. Anyone know what they could be before I have to end up calling to be put on hold for an hour?

saberon

join:2011-05-27
Transaction fee is an error, I've had it before, Call and they will remove it.

Changes since invoice is because you are billed a month in advance for your service. Totally normal but a bit confusing. If I change a service part way during my cycle I'm billed to the end of the cycle plus the next month. Trust me, it is normal!

Example: My cycle is 23rd to 22nd. I upgrade my internet on the 14th so it costs $10 more. I get charged a prorated amount from the 14th to the 23rd, and then a month from the 23rd to 22nd of next month. So it would be like a $13-14 charge.

I find live chat is much much better than calling in, they don't feel as rushed and actually do a good job.

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB
reply to DannyCal1987
Is it possible to get 2 static ips on the Unlimited 100 bundle?

DannyCalgary

Calgary, AB
reply to DannyCal1987
I think it comes with 2 static IP's if I have heard correctly.

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to Doonz
said by Doonz:

Static IP's are only offered with our business accounts. We do offer two Dynamic IP's on request however with the Unlimited 100.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB
said by ShawSean:

said by Doonz:

Static IP's are only offered with our business accounts. We do offer two Dynamic IP's on request however with the Unlimited 100.

awee crap