|reply to DannyCal1987 |
Re: New Prices, New Bundles, Unlimited Bandwidth
Shaw New Internet Plans FAQ -- gathered from posts in this forum:
1. What are the new caps for Warp & Nitro?
Warp - 400GB
Nitro - 500GB
2. How do I change to one of the new plans/bundles?
Phone in June when plans are released to change over.
3. When will 250gbps speeds be available? How is this possible?
They will roll out across markets are upgrades are performed and analog tiers are removed. (Estimated to take 17 months)
4. Will I be forced to switch to new plans?
Does not look that way at this time.
5. What is Shaw Personal TV?
Personal TV is the TV offered in the new Shaw plan personalizer. Legacy TV is the old packaging which is certainly still available.
6. Will a modem be provided?
7. Do I have to get a gateway/router/modem combo?
This device can be put into a bridge mode where it acts like a standalone modem. You can still use your own router.
8. Can I use my own modem?
Does not look like it. Shaw will provide a modem.
9. Whats up for business customers?
Information will be coming later.
10. What happens when I use more bandwidth than my plan allows?
In the future you will be automatically upgraded to the higher package for that month, then downgraded to your normal plan at the beginning of your next billing cycle.
11. Standalone packages?
Still being discussed.
12. Do I need to call to get the new caps on my existing packages?