uniqs
share rss forum feed

srm59
Premium
join:2009-06-22
Glen Cove, NY
kudos:1

No Incentive to Prepay Full Year?

Hard to believe two years has gone by so quickly. PP has been a good service and I am definitely going to re-up.

I know the great two years for the price of one promotion is not available for renewals. However, I am surprised that there is no incentive to prepay for the entire year. The cost to sign up for 24 months, paying by the month is $14.95 a month which comes to $179.40 a year. While the cost for the 12 month prepay is $179.95 or $14.995833... a month.

I know I'm talking about a total difference of 55 cents. I just think the PP would encourage customers to prepay for the year. Afterall, it saves them the bookkeeping, recurring merchant charges not to mention puts cash in their pocket quicker. I think their would be an incentive offered. It's not a deal-breaker by any means, just a suggestion that maybe their Marketing Division should look into.

PhonePower
Premium
join:2007-07-20
Winnetka, CA

The difference is that you can pay monthly on a 2 year contract or prepay for 1 year ( 1 year less obligation) at the same rate. The 179.95 is a $20 discount from our normal rate of $199.95 for a year.

srm59
Premium
join:2009-06-22
Glen Cove, NY
reply to srm59

Thank you for your reply. I can see now that PP is looking at it as one year prepay being a better option since customers get the lower price without having to sign a 2 year contract.

However, I am looking at the 2-year as the better option since my price is locked in for 24 months and I don't have to pay so much upfront. I've been very happy with the service and not looking to throw away a good thing.

I guess it's just different ways of looking at it.

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

I agree with ya... After having a horrible experience with another VoIp provider I was very reluctant. However, I was paying 50.00 to mabell. So being very cynical was like well if they last 6 months and I have decent service I made my money back, everything else is gravy! If you have the dough upfront it is the way to go. Plus you won't have a phone bill for 2 years unless you count taxes on 2nd year. Since PP is just passing the buck for Uncle Sam I would not.
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

Bulls_Fan_1

@comcast.net
reply to srm59

I get my tax return in February and my service is up every April so I just go with the yearly plan. One less monthly bill for me to deal with.