All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Roofer
join:2010-11-24

Roofer to DannyCal1987

to DannyCal1987

Re: New Prices, New Bundles, Unlimited Bandwidth

This is very confusing. I am going to spend some time analyzing it before deciding whether we have "won the UBB battle" or not.
HDman50
join:2010-12-22

1 edit

HDman50

I do not see what is confusing with the info. Shaw just opened a world of hurt on Telus, the 250mbps plan from Shaw is 10 times faster that anything Telus offers. The caps are really good seems like Shaw really listened to what people were saying, doing something about it and that something wipes the floor compared to anyone else out there.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to Roofer

to Roofer
said by Roofer:

This is very confusing. I am going to spend some time analyzing it before deciding whether we have "won the UBB battle" or not.

Ask your questions here some of us may have asked the same questions at the meeting that you may have.
Speed bot
join:2010-10-30
canada

Speed bot to HDman50

to HDman50
said by HDman50:

I do not see what is confusing with the info. Shaw just opened a world of hurt on Telus, the 250mbps plan from Shaw is 25 times faster that anything Telus offers. The caps are really good seems like Shaw really listened to what people were saying, doing something about it and that something wipes the floor compared to anyone else out there.

Novus better step up.....

pkarlos_76
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to HDman50

to HDman50
said by HDman50:

I do not see what is confusing with the info. Shaw just opened a world of hurt on Telus, the 250mbps plan from Shaw is 25 times faster that anything Telus offers. The caps are really good seems like Shaw really listened to what people were saying, doing something about it and that something wipes the floor compared to anyone else out there.

We gave Shaw a nice round of applause at the meeting....

P.S. I did raise the issue with Mr. Gardner of Non Shaw customers not being able to get their emails to Shaw customers because the spam filtering and not having a viable avenue where they could actually get a resolution for legitimate emails getting filtered out by the Shaw Spam filter because the 3rd party filter email resolution address doesn't respond or resolve the issue.
BubbaBrewski
join:2011-02-01
Welland, ON

BubbaBrewski

I was really scared what Shaw was going to do with their pricing and packages, but I think for the most part they did a pretty good job, and the 250mbps packages look especially tasty. However, who in their right mind would ever choose the 1 mbps unlimited lite package? Even if you were to continuously run at peak speeds and downloaded 24/7 for an entire month your usage would still not reach the cap offered by the equally priced and far faster broadband 50 package (320GB vs 400GB).

pkarlos_76
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76

said by BubbaBrewski:

I was really scared what Shaw was going to do with their pricing and packages, but I think for the most part they did a pretty good job, and the 250mbps packages look especially tasty. However, who in their right mind would ever choose the 1 mbps unlimited lite package? Even if you were to continuously run at peak speeds and downloaded 24/7 for an entire month your usage would still not reach the cap offered by the equally priced and far faster broadband 50 package (320GB vs 400GB).

Thats mainly for those I use just email and web browsing people.