dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

Is it possible to get out of a Directv 2-year contract?

I know someone has probably already asked this question. It states that there will be something like a $150 early termination fee and then tacked onto that is like $20/month fee for the remaining contract. Seriously? I signed up for the the 29.99 service yet somehow pay 44.95. The only way I can think of is terminating my checking account and reopening another one that way they can't auto debit my account or charge me. All they will be able to do is send me bills that I won't pay. That will ruin my credit. Is there another way other then destroying my credit? I love this oxymoron society. I get no positive credit for paying bills, but if I don't pay my credit is f**ked. It's just like a job and a loan. You need experience to get a job, but need a job to get experience. You need credit to get a loan, but need a loan to build credit. Seriously? What is going on? Sorry to ramble. Any suggestions please as I don't want to pay for the idiot box anymore. I wish they had a package where you could buy certain channels because there is only 4 channels I watch.
Wranthis
join:2009-09-21
Altoona, WI

Wranthis

You can move to an apartment, I believe if you move somewhere that doesn't allow DTV, you can get out of the contract.

Or... you know, pay up?
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

Bah, I'll just deal with it I guess although no joke Timewarner called and asked how my roadrunner was and tried to sell me cable tv. I said I already had Directv and the guy asked if I was locked into a contract. I said, "yes," to which he replied, "what if we pay your way out of the contract to get digital cable." Interesting, but I'd have to contract with them and digital cable is awful in my opinion.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to xQim

to xQim
Yes-You can pay a ETF (early termination Fee) $20 a month or whatever you can bater for -times the end of the contract. As on person suggest the service you are moving too may offer to pay (or) remimburse you for it-to get you to commit to them.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

it is only 20 a month for the remaining time and yes depending on the circumstances, you can get out of the contract. IE moving but then having no LOS