spc
Search similar:

uniqs
towerguy77
join:2011-05-27
Nine Mile Falls, WA

towerguy77

Qwest "Heavy Duty" Internet with Zoom 5565

I am fortunate to get high speed internet where I live. It's only because of a bedroom community 1/2 mile down the road. So I don't complain much about it. I have had the 1.5 package for about 3 years with pings about 120ms. My true download throughput was around 1.2Mbps. I just upgraded to the Heavy Duty package (5/.8Mbps) and had difficulty with the switch. I use a Zoom X5v 2/2+ voip/modem 5565 and it has worked great. The issue came in when the previous settings for encapsluation were PPPoA VC-Mux and changed to PPPoE LLC. Everything else was the same. Sure would be helpful if Qwest disclosed that kind of info on their website. Someplace conspicuous anyway.

I just got off the phone with tech support who was surprisingly helpful and ran a speedtest with their service and with speedtest.net. Qwest speedtest has been in the mid 3Mbps/.6Mbps and speedtest.net's shows 2.8 Mbps/.7Mbps. Both have ping times now around 60ms.

I live about 15 miles NW of Spokane, WA and the phone lines to my house are about 30 years old. Hope that helps people out.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink

Haha! Love it! Qwest considers 3Mbps to be “high speed” AND “Heavy Duty.”