All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Bad?City/county profit? »
This is a sub-selection from What's So Bad?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to sonicmerlin

Re: What's So Bad?

said by sonicmerlin:

Are you serious? Stopthecap has covered this extensively: »stopthecap.com/2011/02/17/anothe···arolina/

It doesn't anyone on "even footing". There is no way to be on even footing with an incumbent provider in an infrastructure industry, which tends towards a monopoly.

I can only smirk at your not having trouble with a private corporation writing laws that effectively prevent individual cities from building their own infrastructure. Oh but the law doesn't outright *ban* municipal networks. Well no problem there then right? You're incredibly hypocritical.

Whether you're a libertarian or conservative, allowing a corporation to control a government is beyond pathetic- it's against the "values" of a conservative.

Dont try and drag Stop The Cap into a disagreement. There warped one sided "stories" they write are good for nothing but comic value.

You are looking at it the wrong way to. A corporation does not control the government...the government allows itself to be controlled and THAT is the problem here.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Totally true. But Stop the Cap is the next best thing.