Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hockeynomad

join:2007-06-19
Mississauga, ON

[Voip.ms] Unable to use *67 *68 dialing

Had to due a reset of my Linksys 2102 recently, and now I cannot utilise *67 dialing, as I get a fast busy signal.

Supplementary Service Subscription: in Line tab of the 2102 has all features enabled.

Information here hasn't really helped.
»How to get *67 to work w/ PAP2-T ?

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:30
According to »[Other] Questions/Issues Regarding Voip.ms VOIP Service , VoIP.ms has it device side, i.e. you would put *67 in Block CID Per Call Act Code. Is that how you have it set up? No conflicts with other Activation Codes or main dial plan? What happens when you dial *67 (Do you get a new dial tone, does call go through, etc.)? What used to happen?

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17
reply to hockeynomad
Using a SPA-3102 with VOIP.ms, I have to first dial *67 and wait for the second dial tone and then dial the number. If I try to dial the number on my Cordless phone as *67NXXNXXXXXX, I end up getting a fast busy. I have *xx at the beginning of my dial plan and had to wait a bit for the dial tone. I change this to *xxS0 and I get a dial tone immediately after dialing *67.

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to hockeynomad
Dial plan is

( [23456789]11 | *xxx. | [2-9]xxxxxxS0 | 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 | 011xxxxxx. | [#*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x]. )

until the ATA reset, it worked perfectly before.

Stewart

reply to hockeynomad
Check that Block CID Per Call Act Code is set to *67 and that no other Activation Code has that value.

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to hockeynomad
Stewart, that is so.

Voip support informs me to do a factory reset and follow their configuration samples on their website. I guess they aren't listening, I have done both already, and the problem began after the reset.

They did advise I do a firmware update. Mine is 3.3.6 Attempted firmware updates in past were unsuccessful, so I just left it.

Stewart

What is going wrong? Get dial tone after *67? If so, does call connect? If so, does device send Anonymous in display name? If so, what does callee see (test on non-toll-free destination)?

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to hockeynomad
I do not get dial tone, just fast busy signal

Stewart

said by hockeynomad:

I'm stumped. I tried what you said you've got, by pasting your dial plan into a 2102 running 5.2.10. On dialing *67, there was a delay before dial tone (expected because your dial plan matches other strings beginning with *67). Please post screenshots of Regional and Line pages (mask personal info).

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
said by Stewart:

said by hockeynomad:

I'm stumped. I tried what you said you've got, by pasting your dial plan into a 2102 running 5.2.10. On dialing *67, there was a delay before dial tone (expected because your dial plan matches other strings beginning with *67). Please post screenshots of Regional and Line pages (mask personal info).

Sorry to waste yours and others time. I tried this, dial *67, and then waited for the line to engage, then dialed the ten digit #. The call went through. Previously, I never needed to wait for the line to engage after dialing *67; I inputed all in one sequence. The CDR always revealed caller Anonymous too.

Well I learned one thing, *67 blocks all calls, but *81 only blocks that individual callerID. Need to *68 to unblock now.

Again, sorry for another goose chase.

Stewart

I don't know what the [#*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x][*x]. in your dial plan is intended to match, but if you change it so it won't match anything starting with *67 (and other star codes to be processed by the ATA), then you'll get the new dial tone immediately and one long sequence will work. Unfortunately, setting an activation code to e.g. *67S0 does not work as you'd like.

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to hockeynomad
I am using the Mango recommended Dial Plan.

Perhaps I return to the Voip.ms recommended one;?

([2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx|*xx.|[3468]11|911S0|822|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|4XXX|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Stewart

said by hockeynomad:

Perhaps I return to the Voip.ms recommended one;?

([2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx|*xx.|[3468]11|911S0|822|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|4XXX|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Unfortunately, *xx. would match e.g. *671, so there would still be a delay. If you don't need star codes with other than two digits, you can just drop that term. If you do, you'll have to make it more specific.