All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Bad?City/county profit? »
This is a sub-selection from What's So Bad?

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to swintec

Re: What's So Bad?

said by swintec:

If a government run network is going to be erected, it should be done so with a level playing field to that of private business.

Wait, you mean the "level playing field" of private businesses where the major ISP's spend millions/billions in DC and get special laws written their ways and/or significant tax breaks given to them and not given to others?

That...."level playing field"?

You do really the utter stupidity trying to actually claim such a thing?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
said by Bill Neilson:

said by swintec:

If a government run network is going to be erected, it should be done so with a level playing field to that of private business.

Wait, you mean the "level playing field" of private businesses where the major ISP's spend millions/billions in DC and get special laws written their ways and/or significant tax breaks given to them and not given to others?

That is a huge problem with the government for letting it happen, and needs to be addressed.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
I think the fundamental question or outlook here is, is fiber high speed broadband really something that should be a public utility like water, roads, etc.? Should the government bear the cost and manage the buildouts? I really don't think we are there yet as a society. I don't think this is a top of mind burning issue for most people.