Search similar:

uniqs

TwighlightLA
Premium Member
join:2010-07-03

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

AARP: Getting off their mailing list

I do not ever again want to receive or be contacted by mail or sent anything by mail from AARP.

Anyone know how one can accomplish that? I've not found anyone so far that knows the answer. There may not be an answer or solution.

Being put on the national do not mail or do not call list does not work, so forget about that idea or suggestion.

There is no one that I know of at AARP that one can contact to have them break contact with me.

I think once you are on their list you are on for good barring a court order that they take you off their internal list.

What say you?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Find out who the officers are and start calling...
urmom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-18
Pittsburg, KS

urmom to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA
write back to them saying that you're deceased might do the trick.

waldoooo
join:2001-12-15
Fountain Valley, CA

waldoooo to TwighlightLA

to TwighlightLA
I would bet you are on their list as well as all of their affiliates, AARP is involved in so much stuff I doubt you will ever be removed even if you contact some of them. You could always stick the mail in a plain envelope and address it back to AARP, drop it in a mailbox somewhere without a stamp....postage due when it gets there.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA
They only bugged me for a year, now I never hear from them anymore!
Once they realize you are not buying/joining any of their programs they cut you off!

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA
Call the 800 number on the form. Tell them you got the invite and you want to join. When they ask you your age tell them. At this point they will tell you you're not old enough to join. Then tell them to take you off their list.
It worked for me.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to TwighlightLA

to TwighlightLA
Just let the mail keep coming at a cost to AARP. Why would you want to reduce a cost of a company you don't want to do business with? When I get mail from AARP, I take the business reply envelope that comes with their solicitation and I drop it in the mail, again at their cost. If I keep getting mail from AARP I will scan the business reply envelope and print it on dozens of blank envelopes and drop them in the mail. If AARP wants to keep incurring costs with me why would I want to stop them since I don't care to do business with them. The only thing I have not tried yet is gluing a business reply envelope to a brick and dropping it in the mail.

Hazeleyze
join:2003-05-09
Wauseon, OH

Hazeleyze

said by drslash:

If I keep getting mail from AARP I will scan the business reply envelope and print it on dozens of blank envelopes and drop them in the mail.

You might want to reconsider doing that. You can be charged with mail fraud.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by Hazeleyze:

said by drslash:

If I keep getting mail from AARP I will scan the business reply envelope and print it on dozens of blank envelopes and drop them in the mail.

Exactly how would that happen?
Expand your moderator at work

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash

Re: AARP: Getting off their mailing list

said by drslash:

said by Hazeleyze:

said by drslash:

Exactly how would that happen?

Reproduction of the Pre-paid postage stamp is a felony. I'm sure they can track it down to him (cameras maybe?).

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

grobinette to TwighlightLA

MVM,

to TwighlightLA
From the AARP Website
quote:
On occasion, we will also use your membership information to send you notices in the mail or by e-mail about special member benefits, discounts, and offers. If you do not want to receive these mailings, you can:

e-mail us at member@aarp.org,
call us at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277),
write to us at AARP Membership Center, 3200 E. Carson Street, Lakewood, CA 90712, or
visit E-mail Updates on the Web.
If you have subscribed to any of the AARP.org e-mail newsletters, and would like to stop receiving them, follow the instructions at the bottom of each of the newsletters that you receive. Some affiliated sites may also send you promotional e-mails if you asked to receive them when you registered for their respective services. In addition, each issue of these e-mail newsletters or notices will always include instructions for unsubscribing. Again, these notices are designed to describe the benefits of AARP membership, but we do not want to send them to you if you are not interested in receiving them.

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

said by grobinette:

From the AARP Website:
On occasion, we will also use your membership information to send you notices in the mail or by e-mail about special member benefits, discounts, and offers. If you do not want to receive these mailings, you can:

e-mail us at member@aarp.org,
call us at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277),
write to us at AARP Membership Center, 3200 E. Carson Street, Lakewood, CA 90712, or
visit E-mail Updates on the Web.
If you have subscribed to any of the AARP.org e-mail newsletters, and would like to stop receiving them, follow the instructions at the bottom of each of the newsletters that you receive.

I'm not a member. That makes their mailings even worse--by far.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106

grobinette

MVM,

That's kind of ironic because I am a member and I rarely get anything from them.

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

Probably because being a member you have options to opt out of certain mailings or have certain benefits that they are trying to sell me including membership and insurance or they don't want to drive members away but rather want to drive non-member to join them.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

It doesn't say that those removal methods won't work for non-members. They're worth a try.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA
Die of old age... a year or so after that they will remove you from their list.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
said by drslash:

The only thing I have not tried yet is gluing a business reply envelope to a brick and dropping it in the mail.

I do that with boxes of sand[under 70 pounds]
strangely enough i don't get crap from capital one anymore

runnoft
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC

runnoft to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette
said by grobinette:

That's kind of ironic because I am a member and I rarely get anything from them.

If that ticks you off, quit. You'll get buried in mail.
Expand your moderator at work
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to TwighlightLA

to TwighlightLA

quote:
I do not ever again want to receive or be contacted by mail or sent anything by mail from AARP.

Anyone know how one can accomplish that? I've not found anyone so far that knows the answer. There may not be an answer or solution
Send them a letter saying you have moved and give a bogus address 1000s of miles away

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2 to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA

Re: AARP: Getting off their mailing list

Go to the post office with the piece of mail you wish to stop. Ask about getting a prohibitory order against it. This makes it unlawful for them to send you any mail. Form PS1500 should do. The form was originally intended for stopping sexually-oriented mailings, but should be able to be used to stop any unwanted mail if you find it offensive, according to the Supreme Court on 04 May, 1970.

»www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ ··· 1500.pdf
»supreme.justia.com/us/397/728/

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

said by koolman2:

Go to the post office with the piece of mail you wish to stop. Ask about getting a prohibitory order against it. This makes it unlawful for them to send you any mail. Form PS1500 should do. The form was originally intended for stopping sexually-oriented mailings, but should be able to be used to stop any unwanted mail if you find it offensive, according to the Supreme Court on 04 May, 1970.

»www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ ··· 1500.pdf
»supreme.justia.com/us/397/728/

Rather than make a statement directly about the two links I would encourage anyone interested to click on them and see for yourself.

Sigh.

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2

Premium Member

You decide what is or isn't offensive. If you find the junk offensive, then you can get an order to stop them.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette
said by grobinette:

You don't get those constant letters accusing you of not having sent in whatever petition is the flavor of the day to all your congresspersons and senators? I'm really fed up over this. If I want to contact my congresspeople I will do so. I do not need or want AARP bugging me about it. I am ok with them sending ONE letter asking me to sign and forward the enclosed petitions but beyond that I consider it harassment.

I do very much like my AARP drug plan and I also have Hartford insurance for many years otherwise I would discontinue membership because of this harassment.
CP255
join:2002-07-19
Port Clinton, OH

CP255

I received another solicitation from AARP this week after having been assured that I was removed from their databases and would not receive any more solicitation from them over six months ago when the first one came.

I called the only number on the sheet and told the representative that I had previously requested that they not contact me ever again in any way and that I am very not happy about this. I gave her the codes from the mailing and she said she couldn't find me in their database and that I would have to write a letter to their headquarters in Washington D.C.! I told her that this was unacceptable and that they were harassing me by sending me material that I don't want and had been assured by them that they wouldn't send to me again. I asked for a supervisor and got the same runaround. She said she couldn't put the request into headquarters and that it was "policy" that I had to write a letter to them. She said she could not provide me with a headquarters phone number and the ONLY way was to send a letter. This is total BS.

I filed a complaint with the FTC and wrote a cease and desist letter, which I put in their postage paid envelope with one of the two membership cards they sent me.

As a gun owner and a responsible person I do not like the AARP, let me rephrase that, I DESPISE the AARP and their politics and I want them to stop harassing me!

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to TwighlightLA

Premium Member

to TwighlightLA
AARP is a marketing organization.

Just throw it out.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

I don't know about you, but I shred/remove personal information before throwing mail out.

So not only does this fill up my recycling bin, but now I have to waste time removing my personal info, shredding the application, etc.

I get AARP crap all the time. Next time I'll sign up and if anybody says I can't get my senior discounts, I'll be requesting a refund from AARP.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to CP255

Premium Member

to CP255
said by CP255:

As a gun owner and a responsible person I do not like the AARP, let me rephrase that, I DESPISE the AARP and their politics and I want them to stop harassing me!

Junk mail is harassment?

Use it for target practice.

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to koolman2

to koolman2
Here is the correct link for that:

»about.usps.com/forms/ps1500.pdf

However, it won't for this matter since the items being received aren't of a sexual nature, unless the AARP is up to something I'm not aware of.

And please, if there is a way to get off their mailing list, please let me know too. Both the husband and I are getting crap from them too because his dad stayed with us and had his mail forwarded to our home for a few months.