share rss forum feed

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

Anyone here a viaverio CSR?

Before I call them up and get bounced around and having to explain what I need to a dozen different people who still have no clue what I'm talking about...

A friend of mine is a viaverio reseller. I have been working with him on a website for one of his clients. He was in an accident over the weekend and is in a medically-induced coma for now. I can get into the hosting space to manage the files, as well as use SSMS to work on the SQL Server database.

The problem is I can't use backup or restore in SSMS. It wants to go to locations that are on the machine where SS is installed, not into the hosting space where I can move the backups between there and my environment. I presume this functionality is provided through the customer control panel; however, I neither know how to get to it, nor do I have those credentials. As far as I know, there isn't anyone else named on the account who is authorized to deal with viaverio.

So, what I need is if someone is a customer service employee there to: reconfigure backup in SSMS to drop the files into a folder in the hosting space under wwwroot; or, give me access to the at least that site via the control panel.

This is rather urgent; so if no one here steps up before 6/2, I'll have to just try my luck calling them. If you can assist me, please contact me privately.
--
"Keep calm and carry on."

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

Godspeed my good bear.

Verio is easily one of my least favorite companies due to their horrid customer service.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

Oh, I know Verio is "teh scuk." My friend was talking about bringing his hosting back to me after this site went live because of all the issues he ran into (biggest being no ASP.NET 4, which they didn't tell him until after he had already signed away his soul to them). I can't match them on price, but you get what you pay for...and he learned the hard way that you should always listen to Papa Bear.

I had my own really sour experience with Verio when they bought the company I was reselling for 10 years ago...within 2 weeks, I had dumped them and it was a huge NEVER F*ING AGAIN. Fortunately, they have not yet found the hosting partner I have for the last 4 years (even though they manage to piss me off, I haven't found one I consider trustworthy enough for the shared SMB stuff).
--
"Keep calm and carry on."