share rss forum feed

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

[TV] Fox Soccer HD #584

In case you missed it buried in this thread: »Re: [FiOS] Great Solution to FiOS TV problem but probably wont h Fox Soccer HD has been added, #584.

When I tune to it, I get the "sorry you're not subscribed" message. I have some version of the Extreme HD package and get all the other 5xx sports channels.

Anyone else have this problem?

wasvznowftr

join:2010-07-13
i'm receiving this channel just fine. i'm in oregon and have the extreme package from nov 2010.

has vz added any other channels that frontier didn't get?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Well, if it doesn't show up by tomorrow night, I'll call support, thanks!

tyrius

join:2006-08-28
Bothell, WA
Did you call support about this? What did they say? Looking at the channel listings for both the Extreme HD and Ultimate HD packages it doesn't appear the channel is included in either.
<rhetorical_question>Why bother having the channel at all if none of your subscribers can watch it?</rhetorical_question>

jmcgeejr

@comcastbusiness.net
Fox has this weird thing with being included in packages, even FSC+ is a separate package and is GULP 15$ a month!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to tyrius
Totally spaced it out, will do so this weekend. Also need to double check the other box too (we have two HD STBs, non-DVR).

MPSAN

join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR
I do get 584 if I select it on my TiVo HD's but it is not yet in the guide.

rifleman69

join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR
584 works for me with the two TiVo's.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to darcilicious
I'm with chat support now. I'm not hopeful.

Anyone who signed up for Extreme HD in the fall of 2009 getting this channel? I think that may be the problem, though I did get one other channel add several months (last fall?) though for the life of me I can't recall what it was...

rifleman69

Beaverton, OR
said by darcilicious:

I'm with chat support now. I'm not hopeful.

Anyone who signed up for Extreme HD in the fall of 2009 getting this channel? I think that may be the problem, though I did get one other channel add several months (last fall?) though for the life of me I can't recall what it was...

When I re-upped earlier this year, I lost MGMHD along with a few other channels that I don't watch...and I have Fox Soccer Channel HD.

tyrius

Bothell, WA
said by rifleman69:

When I re-upped earlier this year, I lost MGMHD along with a few other channels that I don't watch...and I have Fox Soccer Channel HD.

Will they even let you re-up now? I can't do it via their website: it says there are no bundles available for me and I can't manipulate my current bundle.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 edit
reply to darcilicious
Take two, second rep actually knows that this is a valid channel/offering

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Also, I'm an idiot. If they're not offering the channel, why am I being told I'm not subscribed?? Didn't bring that up during the chat after I initially posted the issue. Sigh.

rifleman69

Beaverton, OR
reply to tyrius
said by tyrius:

said by rifleman69:

Will they even let you re-up now? I can't do it via their website: it says there are no bundles available for me and I can't manipulate my current bundle.

Only one way to find out...call them up.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Rep #2 says:

Okay... so, here's the scoop. It's apparently a "Fox Soccer Plus" package that would need to be added on to your account. Not sure of the exact cost, or what all it would include, but it does include FSC HD.

I'll find out more once I get the call back about pricing. If this can be added without losing anything else, that would be dandy

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to jmcgeejr
said by jmcgeejr :

Fox has this weird thing with being included in packages, even FSC+ is a separate package and is GULP 15$ a month!

That's what they're saying to me on the phone right now. Even though I get #84 and all the other sports channels, this one channel is priced at $14.99/mo

I'm trying to explain that since I already have all the other HD sports channels in my package, I should just "get it". She understands but as it turns out, she doesn't normally deal with "Fiber TV" so now we're on to .... rep #4!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
LOL! Let's follow the bouncing call!

Explained to rep #4 that I already have all the other HD sports channels so he thinks it's a technical error and I'm finally being transferred to the FiOS Solutions Center -- can rep #5 come through for me??

EdmondsFios

join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by darcilicious:

LOL! Let's follow the bouncing call!

Explained to rep #4 that I already have all the other HD sports channels so he thinks it's a technical error and I'm finally being transferred to the FiOS Solutions Center -- can rep #5 come through for me??

Edmonds, WA. I can obtain the channel by inputting 584 using the key pad although the channel is not listed on the guide as being subscribed to. It does show up on the "All" channels guide.

As I don't watch soccer, I was just testing it for darcillicious. Any questions, please reply.

Forgot to add: Extreme package effective 12/2010.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 edit
reply to darcilicious
And we've reached the end of my sad tale.

I'm on the "old" Extreme HD (2009) package and you must be on the new one to get FSC HD. But in doing so, you lose some channels (as posted above), including MGMHD and a few others I don't recall.

The reps don't know this and in fact, what they wanted to do was drop the old Extreme package and add the new one but I stopped that as soon as I remembered I'd lose a couple of channels I do still want.

He also couldn't confirm if there would be a price change or not.

And apparently, they're getting a lot of calls about this -- there was a 30 minute wait initially for getting the solution center directly on the call with the last rep I finally got.

So there you have it. New Extreme HD folks get it, and old ones don't. (I'm assuming Ultimate would get it as well).

pdxhz

@frontiernet.net
said by darcilicious:

So there you have it. New Extreme HD folks get it, and old ones don't. (I'm assuming Ultimate would get it as well).

You are correct. I have the Ultimate package and have been receiving FSC-HD. As noted before, there are no notifications of any kind (except for the heads-up from VIDVID, thanks!). No messages on the STB either.

ekajay

join:2004-08-03
Beaverton, OR
reply to darcilicious
I am on the old Extreme HD package and I don't get it as well.

tyrius

Bothell, WA
reply to darcilicious
Me: I'd like to change my channel package to the current Extreme HD so I can get FSC-HD.
Sales rep: I can change your internet package to 15/5.
Me: I want channel 584.
Sales rep: You're on the current Extreme HD... Your account shows 584 is available, if you're still getting the subscription message you need to take it up with repair.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Chat or call until you get a sales rep that can drop the old Extreme and add the new one.

You might have to try several times.

tyrius

Bothell, WA
said by darcilicious:

Chat or call until you get a sales rep that can drop the old Extreme and add the new one.

You might have to try several times.

Yup. Second call did the trick. The rep I talked with didn't even have to transfer me. I was able to watch the US-Jamaica game in HD yesterday, and I also upgraded the broadband to 25/25... all for only an additional $5/mo.

rifleman69

Beaverton, OR
Gotta give Frontier props, whether they know if they're broadcasting this channel or not, for adding this to our packages. The US/Mexico game looks great!