uniqs

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug to sojufiend

Anon

to sojufiend

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by sojufiend:

iktel likes to randomly troll their users by telling you to disconnect and reconnect your cable coax line and then cut your upload speed to half when you don't even use any upload at all.. then tell you to review their internet policy.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. This cogeco reseller has been pretty Mickey Mouse since the beginning.

And of course people should be aware of people "working the forums". Happens here all the time.
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

1 edit

iamdrumming

said by shrug :

said by sojufiend:

iktel likes to randomly troll their users by telling you to disconnect and reconnect your cable coax line and then cut your upload speed to half when you don't even use any upload at all.. then tell you to review their internet policy.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. This cogeco reseller has been pretty Mickey Mouse since the beginning.

And of course people should be aware of people "working the forums". Happens here all the time.

Yes, they do such as anonymous user like yourself, including competitors. If you're with videotron, why are you here????
sypius
join:2012-03-29

sypius to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Service has been pretty solid so far except for the occasional disconnect at night every now and then. Anyone else noticing this?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to iamdrumming

Premium Member

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

If you're with videotron, why are you here????

Because there's no rule saying he can't, and you're not in a position to dictate otherwise.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22 to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Anyone else not getting invoices? Haven't got a bill since March. Even in the online portal, no invoice there since March.

StEC
#Hamont
Premium Member
join:2003-11-27
Hamilton

StEC

Premium Member

said by GreenEnvy22:

Anyone else not getting invoices? Haven't got a bill since March. Even in the online portal, no invoice there since March.

I haven't gotten a bill for 2 months I went in and paid in person looks like I'm not the only one lol
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming to Gone

to Gone
Neither are you. I have no problem with people from other ISP's coming here. Not at all...

However, if you look at the history of this ikTel forum most people from other ISP's (especially anonymous users) come here just to disrupt. That is a definition of a "rhymes with hole, and begins with tr"

Why would you ever come to a competitors forum anyway?

How many posts of mine have you seen in the *Start* forum? That's right, not one.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

oops nm
Gone

Gone to iamdrumming

Premium Member

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

Neither are you.

I'm not the one telling people what to do. You are.
said by iamdrumming:

... well, for starters, there's nothing saying I can't. You're not even in a position to ask that question. So why bother?

You might also want to re-evaluate what you just said - this is also not a "competitors forum" - it is the Canadian Broadband forum. This is just as much a forum for Start Communications as it is for Iktel, Acanac, Electronic Box or anything else. There is also no rules saying that you must be the subscriber to participate in this forum. There are lots of Bell, Cogeco, Teksavvy and Rogers customers who post in this forum. If you don't like it, hit 'Hey Mod' and see if they care.
said by iamdrumming:

How many posts of mine have you seen in the *Start* forum? That's right, not one.

So what? I could care less if you post in competitor forums. Have at it for all I care.

But having said that, maybe you should heed your own advice and start posting in the Iktel Ad-Hoc Forum rather than the Canadian Broadband forum if this concerns you so much.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to GreenEnvy22

to GreenEnvy22
said by GreenEnvy22:

Damn, sounds like I should sign up.
Expand your moderator at work
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming to Gone

to Gone

said by Gone:

said by iamdrumming:

Neither are you.

I'm not the one telling people what to do. You are.
said by iamdrumming:

... well, for starters, there's nothing saying I can't. You're not even in a position to ask that question. So why bother?

You might also want to re-evaluate what you just said - this is also not a "competitors forum" - it is the Canadian Broadband forum. This is just as much a forum for Start Communications as it is for Iktel, Acanac, Electronic Box or anything else. There is also no rules saying that you must be the subscriber to participate in this forum. There are lots of Bell, Cogeco, Teksavvy and Rogers customers who post in this forum. If you don't like it, hit 'Hey Mod' and see if they care.
said by iamdrumming:

So what? I could care less if you post in competitor forums. Have at it for all I care.

But having said that, maybe you should heed your own advice and start posting in the Iktel Ad-Hoc Forum rather than the Canadian Broadband forum if this concerns you so much.

I'm not telling anyone where to sign up for their internet. I just come to my own ISP's page, and post away.

Secondly, you said "you're not even in a position to ask that question.". I can ask whatever question I want. I don't need you're approval.

I disagree that this is a forum for Start, Acanac, etc. Read the top of this page that says "ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP". That's the forum to discuss ikTel. Every ISP has it's own place, and forum.

Done talking with you. Hope you have a great weekend

Awol
@cogentco.com

Awol

Anon

Cmon guys dont waste our bandwith talking like women lol its the weekend have some fun I hardly use my connection since the weather has gotten nice so I am happy to not be paying cogeco prices. THe phone on the other hand has had some issues at peak times around supper, I can hear them they cant hear me or vice versa but not enough for me to cancel or anything it has been satisfactory for the pricing aswell!

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to iamdrumming

Premium Member

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

Secondly, you said "you're not even in a position to ask that question.". I can ask whatever question I want. I don't need you're approval.

Right, so why then do you cry like a baby when someone who has switched to another ISP comes in here and bitches about Iktel's crummy service and recommend other people switch to other providers?
said by iamdrumming:

I disagree that this is a forum for Start, Acanac, etc. Read the top of this page that says "ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP". That's the forum to discuss ikTel. Every ISP has it's own place, and forum.

This isn't a forum onto itself. It's a thread in the Canadian Broadband forum.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

2 edits

iamdrumming

"Right, so why then do you cry like a baby when someone who has switched to another ISP comes in here and bitches about Iktel's crummy service and recommend other people switch to other providers?"

That's the definition of a tr + hole. (Not allowed to say the word ) Those wanting to start a flame war, and you should be the first to know that's not allowed here.

Many of those people are not legit and are working for a competitor. It happens in many places, not just here. Why do you cry like a baby when some disagrees with you?

This is an ikTel thread then, just like Start, Distributel, Acanac all have their forums,er, I mean threads, tomatoe, tomato, whatever.
iamdrumming

iamdrumming to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Anyways, to get back on topic, after all these non-ikTel people keep trying to disrupt

How many have been streaming through their BD players/TV's etc?

I am on the 8M profile, and just got a Roku box, and have no problems with buffering. I also watched a Vudu movie as well.
smallj53
join:2002-08-25
Niagara Falls, ON

smallj53

Oh well I threw in the towel. I Start with Start soon. The kids were always complaining that their online games would have super high pings. I got tired of listening to it. Worked fine for downloading, even my voip ran ok. Speeds were often super low (see my recent speed test) I would cycle the modem and they would snap back but then plunge again in a day or so.

Sigh. I liked the idea of supporting the guy who ran his isp from his basement apartment and dealing with someone local right here in the Falls was kind of nice but the service just wasn't there. I hope Alan stays in business though. It just wasn't good enough for my kids.
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

1 recommendation

Lynn0 to Awol

Premium Member

to Awol
said by Awol :

Cmon guys dont waste our bandwith talking like women lol

LOL. Hey not all us woman talk like that. Alot do, I will grant you that much.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming to smallj53

to smallj53
said by smallj53:

Oh well I threw in the towel. I Start with Start soon. The kids were always complaining that their online games would have super high pings. I got tired of listening to it. Worked fine for downloading, even my voip ran ok. Speeds were often super low (see my recent speed test) I would cycle the modem and they would snap back but then plunge again in a day or so.

Sigh. I liked the idea of supporting the guy who ran his isp from his basement apartment and dealing with someone local right here in the Falls was kind of nice but the service just wasn't there. I hope Alan stays in business though. It just wasn't good enough for my kids.

That's too bad. Good luck with the other guys.
sypius
join:2012-03-29

sypius to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Anybody getting disconnects occasionally? Getting disconnected once or twice every night late. Could it possibly be because the line is being split twice?
sojufiend
join:2011-07-17
North York, ON

sojufiend to iamdrumming

to iamdrumming
i am not a troll. i was legitimately complaining. i even have proof of my LONG email conversations with iktel about the shitty service. if you want i can copy paste it to u on private message to shut your mouth up. you are the only troll here iamdrumming. who comes to their own isp page to post about how great their isp is and tell people who are complaining that they are trolls? only motive i see is that you work for the isp. or you own the isp yourself. seeing as you are one of the first posters in this thread.. and the most frequent one.. and the one MOST positive about this isp... i wouldnt be surprised one bit
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

1 edit

to FiagaraNalls
I never called you a troll. Where in this long thread did I specifically say you are one? I NEVER did. I said (to "Gone") that there are some who are (and paid by the competition to come here, and disrupt). It happens in lots of forums. You need to relax.

I know you had legitimate problems with ikTel. That's why I hoped things are better for you at Start.

No, as I stated before, I do not work for ikTel. I have a regular full-time job. Maybe I am one of the most frequent posters. What does that prove? Nothing. There are people in the Teksavvy forum(my former ISP), who have posted hundreds of posts more than what I used to post when I was with them. Does this prove that they are employees of Teksavvy? No.

Yes, I am positive about this ISP. It has had it's ups and downs. I also suffered through crappy speeds when all that went down months ago, but since then, it's been fine. It still is the best value for me.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to smallj53

to smallj53
You'll be happier with your new choice.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

to FiagaraNalls
Perhaps, and also paying more.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by iamdrumming:

Perhaps, and also paying more.

Worth every penny to have a connection peered at Torix without everything routed over Cogent.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

3 edits

to FiagaraNalls
If it's just to surf the Web and check email, as many people do, then ikTel is a fine choice. Many of those won't care about Torix or Cogent, and won't even know what those are. As long as it's fast enough for what I mentioned. Streaming through my Roku box or Blu-ray player is fine as well.

discuraged
@cogentco.com

discuraged to sojufiend

Anon

to sojufiend
whenever i call Allan tells me EVERY TIME to just unplug my modem . my speed goes from 54 mbps to 36 at least 10 times a day . my phone drops out , or ill have to wait 45 seconds after dialing to get the phone to work . if the phone is even working at all. Went to call 911 when my diabetic son had a high bloodsugar and needed an ambulance only to find my phone was not working. Tired of the excuses from iktel they blame it on cogeco . seriously considering filling a complaint with the BBB.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim

MVM,

(topic move) ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to iamdrumming

Premium Member

to iamdrumming

e911 on VoIP does make it an exact science, so long as the equipment is configured correctly and the provider is reliable. It's even better than a cell phone, because e911 on VoIP gives your exact address (so long as you keep that info updated with the provider) versus a cell phone that, at best, uses some sort of AGPS that doesn't always work indoors.

Furthermore, my VoIP continues to work even during a power outage, as UPSes aren't expensive. My cordless phones, however, do not.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming to discuraged

to discuraged
said by discuraged :

whenever i call Allan tells me EVERY TIME to just unplug my modem . my speed goes from 54 mbps to 36 at least 10 times a day . my phone drops out , or ill have to wait 45 seconds after dialing to get the phone to work . if the phone is even working at all. Went to call 911 when my diabetic son had a high bloodsugar and needed an ambulance only to find my phone was not working. Tired of the excuses from iktel they blame it on cogeco . seriously considering filling a complaint with the BBB.

How can your speeds go from 54 Mbps to 36 Mbps? They don't even offer those speeds! Their packages go from 16 Mbps to 50 Mbps.

Secondly, everyone knows if you have a life threatening issue, you shouldn't rely solely on VOIP as your only option for phone, especially in regards to calling 911. 911 with VOIP isn't an exact science yet. If you need something that's reliable, get a POTS phone. They work even in power outages. A cell phone would be better as well.