Awol to iamdrumming

Anon

to iamdrumming

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Shh it gets me american netflix!
sypius
join:2012-03-29

sypius

Been with iktel for quite a while and understand everybody's frustrations, so far after the move it seems pretty good, Hasn't cut out and before the move it was hit or miss for wether I could stream 1080p+ videos on twitch or youtube, I can stream 1080p no problem now which is great, the main reason why I stayed with Iktel throughout all the pains is for the bandwidth cap, hopefully they don't have any problems from here out and it pays off.

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

Celery to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Looks like Iktel has matched Cogeco's speeds...

Expand your moderator at work

internetuser
@rogers.com

internetuser to FiagaraNalls

Anon

to FiagaraNalls

down again. (niagara area) FFS. what kinda service is this?

Chromosome
join:2013-01-29

Chromosome to Celery

to Celery
Anyone experiencing connection problems this evening? I'm in St. Catharines.

SeanR
@rogers.com

SeanR

Anon

I'm in Niagara falls and my service has been out since 7:55pm

ANon1
@74.198.150.x

ANon1 to Chromosome

Anon

to Chromosome
Been down since 8PM in Niagara Falls
iamdrumming
join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

Up here.

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy

said by iamdrumming:

Up here.

Why does it seem you are never affected by outages that affect everyone else?
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

iamdrumming

I never said I've never been affected. I have experienced 2 outages since I signed up. When I was with my old ISP (Teksavvy), it went down more than with ikTel. Teksavvy obviously had WAY better communication though, but you have to take things in stride.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to coaxguy

Premium Member

to coaxguy
said by coaxguy:

Do you really need to ask?

tacocorp
@qc.ca

tacocorp to ANon1

Anon

to ANon1
I am torn between my desire for stable internet and the fact that I paid $32 for 400 gb of bandwidth last month
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

2 edits

iamdrumming to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by coaxguy:

Do you really need to ask?

Do you (and other non-ikTel people) need to come to the ikTel thread ready to pounce every time ikTel has a blip? You don't see me in my former ISP's (Teksavvy) forum every time they have a problem. Don't know what you're trying to prove.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by iamdrumming:

Don't know what you're trying to prove.

Likewise.

coaxguy

coaxguy to iamdrumming

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

Don't know what you're trying to prove.

The same could be said as to why whenever there is an outage, you're the only one posting "up and running". What are you trying to prove?
Expand your moderator at work
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

1 edit

iamdrumming to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls

Trying to prove? I'm only stating that I'm up. Again, what point are you trying to make when all non-ikTel people rush to this thread each and every time ikTel has a blip? You guys outnumber the ikTel customers when that happens. I don't go rushing to the Teksavvy thread when they are experiencing an outage. No wonder half your posts lately have been deleted by the moderators.

coaxguy

1 edit

coaxguy

You seem to like to get modded yourself. So don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Only ever been modded in this thread as well, so I could care less.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

to FiagaraNalls
Not throwing stones. I haven't been modded anywhere close to other people. All those "your moderator at work" deletions were deleted as flame baits by the moderators.

You don't see me in the Start or Teksavvy forum with derogatory statements towards those ISP's every time I read someone is having problems. I haven't posted once in either of their threads. You're the one throwing stones in the ikTel house.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

Well be honest, in the Start forum it's like 1 of every 30 people complaining. In Iktel it's more like 1 of every 2.

That said, the customers and friends I have still on iktel are getting much better service since the move to Burlington.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by GreenEnvy22:

Well be honest, in the Start forum it's like 1 of every 30 people complaining.

... and when someone does complain, rocca is quick to reply and do what he can to resolve the issue.

This - constant communication - in contrast with a complete lack of communication with Iktel.

r484347
@cogentco.com

r484347 to GreenEnvy22

Anon

to GreenEnvy22
IKTEL invoice for February came in full amount.

2 day outage, full invoice, how ethical of them. With that logic, perhaps they could just turn internet off and continue billing us.

What a crook.
iamdrumming
Niagara Falls, ON

3 edits

to FiagaraNalls
Your February invoice just came came now, in the middle of the month? I already got my invoice for next month.

I do agree with your complaint though, that they don't give us a discount if an outage was clearly their fault. Like other ISP's, ikTel is get billed for the full amount from the incumbent for each subscriber, then we get the bill. When I was with Teksavvy it was the same deal when we went through their outages. Some outages were longer than 2 days, and we never got a discount.
y2kfire
join:2012-09-26

y2kfire to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Out in St. Kitts, L2P area, anyone else?

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

my Virgil/NOTL area people are up, though this is several hours later than your report.
y2kfire
join:2012-09-26

y2kfire to FiagaraNalls

to FiagaraNalls
Came back on around 4am. Just when I thought everything was going to be OK now, everything's been going well since the move...
I'll let it go as a fluke this time and give them another couple of weeks. After all, it was windy last night, and if they can manage to drop service in good weather, who knows what can happen in "bad" weather!
If ANYTHING happens again, I'm going to give Start a try. I don't think two weeks of up time is too much to ask...
>:-(

r484347
@cogentco.com

r484347 to iamdrumming

Anon

to iamdrumming
said by iamdrumming:

Your February invoice just came came now, in the middle of the month? I already got my invoice for next month.

Their billing is weird. My last invoice was December, then next was March invoice with past due amount for 2 invoices. And no, there was nothing in spam folder either.

This is not the first time this happened.

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

Celery

said by r484347 :

Their billing is weird. My last invoice was December, then next was March invoice with past due amount for 2 invoices. And no, there was nothing in spam folder either.

This is not the first time this happened.

The last invoice I received from them was on November 6. I have not yet received an invoice since then. Nothing in my mailbox or spam folders either.