uniqs
share rss forum feed

iamdrumming

join:2003-06-08
Niagara Falls, ON
reply to TypeS

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by TypeS:

Going by your review on TekSavvy, add the fact they are beta signing up people across Cogeco's footprint, I would suggest going over TekSavvy's Cogeco packages. I assume you went iKTel for the cable speeds?

I left Teksavvy DSL when I moved, and there wasn't a Teksavvy Cogeco option at all in my city at that time. I went ikTel because they were the cheapest for the cable internet option. I'm too far from the BELL CO now for DSL.

kim
That Chick
Premium,Mod
join:2001-03-25
ON
kudos:8
reply to Last Parade

(topic move) ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 2 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

Expand your moderator at work

WiMax

join:2003-07-12
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Gone

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by Gone:

Telling everyone he's had enough of Iktel's shenanigans and decided to switch to Start who so far have provided him with better customer service is not spamming. He has as much right to post here as you do.

Seriously, unless you own the company and are lying to everyone here, you really have no reason to take this so personally. What's your deal?

Gone, what is YOUR deal with trolling? You have a long track record for being one of the biggest complainers, whiners and KNOW IT ALLS! Frankly, calling the kettle black is your legacy.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

1 recommendation

That's pretty amusing coming from you Mark VE3JMR.

Awol

@cogentco.com

He sure hit the nail on the head!

iamdrumming

Niagara Falls, ON
reply to FiagaraNalls

For once, I agree with WiMax

iamdrumming

Niagara Falls, ON
reply to FiagaraNalls

Pretty good ping response times lately:

Su

@cogentco.com
reply to FiagaraNalls

Did anyone else lose Internet in St. Catharines since 3pm today?

bunting

@qc.ca

I'm down in the bunting and Carleton area

Drawing

@rogers.com
reply to iamdrumming

Is it down?

bunting

@qc.ca
reply to Su

I'm down in the bunting and Carleton area

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to FiagaraNalls

Queue someone saying they're not down, how dare anyone say that they're down and that you're all a bunch of trolls in 3... 2... 1...

SadNoNet

@datavalet.net
reply to Su

Down in Fort Erie sometime about 4:45pm.

SRidge

@167.187.100.x

Anyone called em yet? I've been at work and unable to. Also down at drummond rd. in the falls

nf905

@rogers.com
reply to FiagaraNalls

Ive down since last night. still not up (June 1st). Niagara Falls

Drawing

@rogers.com

Called but got the machine. They said they are working on it. I left a harsh message this is at least the 4th time in a year and we aren't talking a few minutes we are talking hours that lead to a full day.

SRidge

@rogers.com

coming up on that 24hr mark :S ... still down, dont think they are answering their phones.

dbott67

join:2011-11-15
St Catharines, ON

This is posted on his website:

"We are currently experiencing some issues with our Cable internet services due to allegations of Internet Abuses;
such as bittorrent downloads, copyright infringements and the likes which has resulted in some blockade. We are trying to switch to our Canadian ip blocks to resolve this. Please bear with us!."

I also sent him an email this morning and got this reply:

"Yes; because some of the ports have been blocked
We are trying to get COGECO Cable to make the necessary changes.
Please bear with us

Thanks"

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to FiagaraNalls

The comedy of errors continues.

Le Who

@videotron.ca
reply to dbott67

Who exactly is blocking IkTel (an ISP/ISP-reseller) for p2p downloads and copyright infringement?

Cogeco?

Guy gave a pretty vague response...

bunting

@qc.ca
reply to dbott67

So let me get this straight, someone blocked iktel worth no notice or warning whatsoever. Seems legit

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Yeah. Just as legit as the people who claim they've never had any service interruptions.

fry guy

@qc.ca

Let's give Alan Ik some credit, we complained about no communication , now we get it. Step two is communication that isn't clearly a lie

iamdrumming

Niagara Falls, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Yeah. Just as legit as the people who claim they've never had any service interruptions.

I never said I never experienced any downtimes. ikTel obviously hasn't been up 24/7, 365 days a year, and I know that. Obviously you can't read. I agree this is BS. I wouldn't be surprised to seeing people leave ikTel in droves after this fiasco. That's what Gone is here for, to spam for other ISP's in the ikTel thread.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Looks like you Internet connection finally came back up, eh?

loyd

join:2012-09-24
Niagara Falls, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to fry guy

44hrs no internet and counting.

Why is there no media coverage and lawsuit similar as in Canipre vs Teksavvy ?

If someone upstream really turned entire IKTEL off because some customers are allegedly downloading copyrighted files, I think IKTEL would have strong case to bite that vendor extremely hard. This is not the police state and this is not how things are done in Canada, we don't shut down entire city with 600k population just because there may be one criminal on the loose and we don't disconnect the ISP because a customers may be downloading copyrighted content.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

I think it's far more likely that you aren't being told the truth.

tonydp

join:2011-07-24
St Catharines, ON
reply to FiagaraNalls

I'm leaving for Start. Just put the order in. It's the same price so no big deal. I just need to get iktel to release my modem.