spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lisachanel

@qwest.net

We Hate the new my qwest system & web page

It is absolutely ridiculous that paying customers have to endure more advertisements and garbage video's to finally get to their email!! Hate the green colors. New system is NOT user friendly...Grrrrr

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
use pop3? thunderbird, outlook express...
Or if you like to check via webmail; create a gmail account, gmail allows you to add up to 5 pop3 accounts .

a quser

@qwest.net
reply to lisachanel
Or go directly to Qwest webmail,
www.myqwest.com/zmail/?autologin=true

FarmerBob

join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
·EarthLink
·ViaTalk

1 edit
reply to nickphx
Agreed, your best bet would be to use a third party eMail Client. That way no one can phish your online address book, or read your eMail. But then you do have a greater chance of bringing in all the little nasties. But if you have good virus protection, you should have nothing to worry about. Just all your mail on your machine for your eyes only.

I have everybody I have to take care of on Thunderbird. And if I wasn't so entrenched in Entourage, I'd use it too.

nsheriff

@qwest.net
reply to lisachanel
The new qwest formate is terrible, in a word , it sucks

Dissatisfied

@qwest.net
I agree....I hate it and it makes it very difficult to scroll and view email because of the ads and other task bars that I cannot turn off. I will be dumping as soon as I have some time to spare to set up another email client....UGGG!

a quser

@qwest.net
The Standard interface is less cluttered and currently has no ads.
Preferences > Standard Login. Save, Log Out.

Gollum

@uslec.net
reply to lisachanel
We hates it! Tricksy, false Qwest. Give us back the precious!

Daveinstpaul

@qwest.net
reply to lisachanel
For those of us that frequently travel, I wish the mail web interface was completely encrypted from a security stand point {HTTPS} who knows if anonymous may expose your e-mails on wikileaks and also the same for the alternate, the mail server itself, POP3, those who use a e-mail client.

One thing I have noticed, the mail server isn't behaving in the proper manner for a POP3 mail server, it is not erasing the e-mails as they are downloaded into your client. If I wanted that feature I would use IMAP.

Ref: IMAP - »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_M···Protocol
POP3 - »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_Office_Protocol

List of webmail providers: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison···roviders

otterash

@state.co.us
reply to lisachanel
Hey,

I hate Qwest in general. Lying, cheating basxxx. They promised gift cards for changing over but the compnay handling that process went out of business (before the promise). More expensve, the email advertising issue totally unjust. It almost makes me wish for the Comcast days! Gad!

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Lol comcast isn't any better. Lying, cheating, capping bandwidth. lol

gina regina

@qwest.net
reply to lisachanel

Re:I wish i could get my qwest e-mail account to open i am signe

how do you except to get paid. If you do not open our e-mails. home page,ok sign in ok ever do e-mails open page NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO

Buford

@qwest.net
reply to lisachanel

Re: We Hate the new my qwest system & web page

This may be the worst e-mail program we've ever seen.

It does not let you access your previous contacts and has no clear way of sending an e-mail.

This along with the advertisements makes it a very frustrating experience.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to lisachanel
your much better off to use a 3rd party email client rather then this new mess