uniqs

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Dominican Republic ISP Suggestions

So today I get a phone call from a friend who is in Dominican Republic in Santo Domingo (downtown core), and I think he is starting to figure out the he isn't in Calgary anymore as his internet connectivity is driving him wild with its slow speed. Anyone have any suggestions as to which ISP he should be using etc or any other comments or suggestions?

Thanks
Blake
valgaav
join:2011-06-07

valgaav

The 2 best options right now are Claro(up to 50mbit/2mbit for USD$ 639... which I would never pay) and Tricom(up to 5mbit/768k for USD$96, 28% tax included in both prices), both ISPs have the same prices for their first 4 plans, and both are good, as long as you're close enough to their exchanges. I had ADSL from Claro for 6-7 years, but had to cancel it 2 years ago due to constant disconnects that they could never fix during 4 months of calls, tickets and tech visits, being too far from the exchange made it much worse... 58dB attenuation. Right now I have 2mbit/512k with Tricom, that's USD$44 monthly, the connection is 100% stable and I always get the advertised speeds(40dB attenuation with this ISP).

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Thanks, I'll pass that on.

Blake
Expand your moderator at work