share rss forum feed

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

Renewed at $77 again incl online ($81 w tax)

I called to get the 77+online plan. I went straight to cancellations and I get a guy with a thick indian accent. He finally agreed to charge me $81 with taxes for the radio. Then he says online with be $32 extra.
I argue with him about how until like a year ago it was included and they always renewed me with internet without paying extra. He said he can't just give me things for free.
So I gave him an ultimatum, if his company wanted to keep me as a customer give me $77 incl online or cancel me and it is up to him. He responded that it is not his company and he would rather cancel my service.
I laughed at him saying how can he be talking to me if he does not work there. I eventually hung up.

I called back and got someone with no foreign accent. He gladly added the $77 incl online for a total of $81 with tax. He confirmed that he was activating the online for nothing extra. Did not charge for the royalty fee. I talked to him for less than 5 minutes.

I only use XM a handful times a year for when I travel and maybe sometimes online if I work a saturday.
It is funny at how their system allows their phone reps to do whatever they want, but some choose to be dicks about giving you the same plan you had before.
--
Your behavior is inconsistent with your desire to be treated like everyone else.

mgamer20o0

join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA

had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. they wanted to charge a extra fee they said no. i knew they would end up calling me back. 2 months after mine expired they called me back offering $77 a year no extra fees but by then i realized it wasnt even worth that to me. i just dont drive enough plus have ok local radio.