spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

staregazer

join:2006-12-15
reply to mtnmn

Re: Satellite internet without a long contract?

I think if you buy a used system then there would be no contract but I am not 100% sure of this.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..
This is true but HN or Wildblue will still make you have an installer put it up and try to lock you into a contract with that. You might be able to talk to starband or HN or WB and buy the equipment outright and get service without a contract like buying a new cell phone for full retail price but beware because like those phones, that equipment will cost you an arm and a leg.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

getnia

@sbcglobal.net
Network Innovation Associates can provide satellite internet on a month to month basis. The cost is more for the service than the 1, 2 and 3 year agreements that are offered. There are discounts on the service with a 2 or 3 year agreement instead of one year. Find our more info here www.getnia.com

ConnieD

join:2011-08-21
Cut Bank, MT
reply to zeddlar
I purchased all the equipment up front for Starband, just so I could have month-to-month. It was a lot of money, paying for all the equipment up front. I was also told I would be able to set it up, as I moved location to location looking after rural mountain property. No, the "final step" requires an "authorized service representative" password. The authorized service representative even came around to solicit a bribe.

I had even purchased the Birdog satellite meter. I found out it was the "discontinued" model.

After not long Starband took it to collection, claimed I had a three-year contract.

Can you say: ripped off?

The Starband "authorized representative" was Jathco, in Conrad, MT.

If anyone knows an honest satellite internet service provider on a month-to-month basis, I am interested.