join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One
kudos:1
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Re: thank god I dont live in NC

said by MyDogHsFleas:

No?

Leaves little room for discussion.

As does your ill-formed summary opinion.
--
"I love mankind. It's people I can't stand." --L. van Pelt

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by tapeloop:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

No?

Value added to discussion: zero.

Either just stop posting, or say something other than content-free snarkiness.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium
Airstrip One

said by MyDogHsFleas:

said by tapeloop:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

No?

Value added to discussion: zero.

Either just stop posting, or say something other than content-free snarkiness.

You first mate.
--

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Something: i.e. actual words that form sentences and express an opinion.

quote:
Thanks for being a voice of reason. I think your analysis is excellent. You don't rail against the bill with inflammatory adjectives, you spell out exactly what you would have changed.
And, you give a link to the actual bill so people can actually read it! What a concept, huh?

BTW I agree with your three points, I think they could have fixed these three points and still had a "level playing field" bill passed.

I think those like Karl think that the government should be able to use its special abilities to compete with private providers -- e.g. doesn't have to pay taxes, can spend money without concern for losing money or making a profit, doesn't have to account for their services separately, doesn't have to entertain bids for providing the services, etc. etc. etc -- all of which are spelled out in the bill.

Because I think Karl's real motive is to turn over all broadband services to the government, come hell or high water, and have us all pay for them with taxes. Giving governments unfair advantages vs. private providers, and regulating broadband providers, are just steps in that direction.

Nothing:

quote:
No.

You first mate.

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium
Airstrip One

When you express something other than ridiculous hyperbole, you'll warrant a longer "something" response.

To wit:

said by MyDogHsFleas:

quote:
Because I think Karl's real motive is to turn over all broadband services to the government, come hell or high water, and have us all pay for them with taxes. Giving governments unfair advantages vs. private providers, and regulating broadband providers, are just steps in that direction.

--

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Mediacom

OK I give up. All attempts to elecit a response other than scornful dismissal with no content have failed.

Hey, I'm here to learn, and maybe help and educate others a bit. Without discussion there can be no learning.

MyDogHsFleas out.