spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mangurian
join:2006-09-02
Hillsborough, NC

mangurian

18 down in CT ?

I have the 9M down plan. Any idea how much more 18 down costs. The MC web site prices are out of date (see below).

MetroCast High Speed Internet Services*
View Details Add High Speed Ultra
10.0 Mbps x 1.0 Mbps and up to 5 e-mail addresses!
$69.95
View Details Add High Speed Internet
7.0 Mbps x 512 Kbps and up to 5 e-mail addresses!
$44.95
View Details Add High Speed Basic
$34.95

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I pay $70 without video, so with video I believe it would be $60.
quantumred
join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT

quantumred to mangurian

to mangurian
Another user reported paying 72.90 (in my Internet only thread) for Ultra. That sounds about right for $69.95 + modem fee.

If they are forcing you to pay a modem fee even if you bring your own modem, then that is a lame attempt to tack on hidden fees.
rkrenicki
join:2002-04-10
Quaker Hill, CT

rkrenicki

If you bring your own modem, you can opt out of the Maintenance fee. The stipulation is that if your modem dies, you need to replace it yourself or start paying the fee to have us come and replace it.

To receive a modem from us, you must pay the $2.95/mo.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Are you sure? When I first started with Eastern CT Cable they gave you a free modem and you could keep it when you cancelled, which I did. I used AT&T for a year, and then went back to the cable which was metrocast now and used the modem I had in the closet. When I bought my own Docsis 3 cable modem they started charging me the maintenance fee on the free modem from Eastern CT Cable. I am still going back and forth with customer service 6 months later. It's ridiculous.