uniqs
share rss forum feed

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Qwest Dumps Microsoft?

Noticed a change on this month's bill - about midmonth Qwest cancelled my "High Speed Internet with Microsoft" and replaced it with Qwest High Speed Internet.

As far as a can tell, nothing other that the service description on the bill has changed. On the bill, it shows a credit for the rest of the month for the Microsoft service, paired with a matching charge for the new non-Microsoft service - netting out to be the same amount.

Anyone know what's going on?

Daveinstpaul

@qwest.net
It shown up on my May bill, as a CHARGE for $1.86. I don't believe it, they charged me for their own internal change. Nickled & dimed to death on everything. Since when dumping Microsoft [out of your control or choice ] for their own internal network [again out of your control or choice] is a service charge? Will we also be billed for the name change from Qwest to Century Link?

ewth8tr
Premium
join:2005-04-03
Salt Lake City, UT
They have been sending out emails and postcards since the beginning of the year trying to get people to make the change on their own prior to Qwest putting the order through themselves. Here is the page about it.

»www.qwest.com/qwestinfo/myqwesti ··· estinfo/

As far as the poster complaining about being charged for it, you are leaving out the matching credit for msn service that is showing on your bill as well.

Daveinstpaul

@qwest.net
Oh yes, I transferred, early adopter there and no I haven't seen the matching credit. I'm amazed you can decipher the bill, I guess I'm just old fashion, I am used to dry itemized accountant columned type straightforward billing statements not this self promoting, back slapping look what I have done for you type billing with fine print.

Please forgive the sarcasm, they really could save a lot of paper and confusion with their billing statements if they would just keep it simple without the eye candy and readership entertainment value.

Billing statements should never be fun to read, just the facts, debits, credits and totals, one page. Believe or not, you are paying for all that paper.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to travelguy
Hello,
Bills can be tricky to read so I’ll try to be explaining as simple as possible. We bill each entity separately, so any time that changes, even if is a simple feature change (A La Carte as apposed to bundled package included features) then you would see a separate charge for each. We bill a month in advance then pro-rate each if they change anywhere in-between bill cycles. So, if you went from MSN to the new email in the very middle of the month, then you would see the same charge/credit for MSN and another charge credit for the new entity, overall the end result is that each is billed according to its current price, for the entire month, prorated for the amount of time it is applicable. So if both the old and new service were $20 a month and you switch at the half way point, we bill for the first $20, then credit you for a half a month’s entity not used (net amount, $10) then bill again in advance for the new service/feature $20, then credit For a half a month not used. The end result being $20 charged for the same period. There are many proprietary as well regulatory considerations the driver this. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Steve
Taltkous@qawest.com

CenturyLink
VIP
Boise, ID
Sorry about that signature typo, you can reach us at talktous@qwest.com,
Regards,
Steve

CenturyLink
VIP
Boise, ID
reply to travelguy
Hey there, on the changes the costs should have equaled themselves out, if not, please email us directly TalkToUs@qwest.com of find us on Facebook/Twitter. As for the reason for the changes, please use the link below:
»qwest.m.delivery.net/w/webView?c ··· k=11LHBS

Let us know if you have any questions or need additional assistance.

TalkToQwest

FenixSucks

join:2007-06-21
Leavenworth, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit
I started with Qwest on ProDSL 2100 back in CAP days and moved when they were phasing out CAP and changing over to DMT and they integrated Qwest with MSN thing. It never worked right after the move but they kept billing and billing every month for the DSL anyways before the line was even provisioned if I recalled correctly.

They were not deploying new CAP lines anymore by then, so they sent me Arsecram NetDSL800 thing that has the MSN butterfly logo on it. I went went on for months and I never got it working all while getting billed the full amount.

I only had CAP equipment for which they were not able to deploy new line for and they were going to start service at my new location with DMT. The billing continued even before I received that crap that never worked?

Qwest mentality is that you pay first, you REQUEST adjustment, we never refund, we only bill credit.

Had to involve the BBB over something they continued to bill for something I was not able to use.