spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pargoff
join:2006-07-05
Canton, MI

pargoff

WOW service is getting worse

I just had a tech out to my house to look at a box that was receiving no signal and he told me that there was going to be a $40 charge because the problem was inside the house? RIDICULOUS! I called WOW customer service and the operator was as surprised as I was. She put a note on my account to remove the fee if the tech added it. Some of these field techs are quite rude. How the hell can i be charged for a faulty outlet or box regardless if the problem is inside or outside the house. I wish i could switch my service but nothing else is available in my area. Might be time to go to satellite.
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Why penalise the service because you had a bad technician? The customer service person even offered to remove the fee?

Unless you were unhappy with it before

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex to pargoff

to pargoff
said by pargoff:

I wish i could switch my service but nothing else is available in my area. Might be time to go to satellite.

WOW is an overbuilder - unless you are in an apartment building there is always another cable choice in a WOW service area.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to pargoff

to pargoff
pretty sure all providers will charge you if one of your inside outlets is bad unless you get the upgraded plan.

all they care about is getting the service inside your house. it's up to you to get it to where you want it to go.

nadams5755
join:2001-11-13
San Jose, CA

nadams5755 to pargoff

to pargoff
wow's releases over the last couple years say that they're not responsible for house wiring. there's a $x/mo service that will cover your home wiring in the event of service problems.
Parneli
join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL

Parneli

said by nadams5755:

wow's releases over the last couple years say that they're not responsible for house wiring. there's a $x/mo service that will cover your home wiring in the event of service problems.

I think I've seen that notice in my bill at least a dozen times over the last -say 9 months.

I can't think of why they should be responsible.. The gas company, electric, phone, water- they get it to my house and from there it's my problem.