spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nrf
join:2003-02-20
Morrow, OH
·Future Nine Corp..

nrf

[CenturyTel] how big is ohio/indiana outage?

I am 3 hours into an outage, I heard it impacted Ohio and Indiana, when others get back on I'd like to hear how widespread this was.
(I keep my cable modem service around for redundancy as I don't trust these guys - my distrust has proven to be warranted)
nrf

Oregonia
@mycingular.net

Oregonia

Anon

Our DSL has been down since at least 10 am this morning. Using the iPad and AT&T to make this post.

Oregonia, OH
nrf
join:2003-02-20
Morrow, OH
·Future Nine Corp..

nrf

supposedly CL has some 'redundancy' within the network, but it does little good to have two states funnel into a single fiber. it's like... yes we make some reliability within the area but when it really counts, we got nothing! 2 states, one fiber, single point of failure!

"We're the phone company - We don't have to care!"

14.5 hrs and counting
nrf
nrf

nrf

we're working hard to fix the problem
we have no clue when it may or may not be done
we are the phone company - we don't have to care!

Farmgirl
@embarqhsd.net

Farmgirl to nrf

Anon

to nrf
We're in SE IN. It just came back online for us about 15 minutes ago. Has been out for over 24 hours. Ridiculous. My husband had to do a remote upgrade over his company's VPN last night. He ended up using my Droid2 hotspot to do it. Thank God for Verizon (NEVER thought I'd say that!).
Tycalibur
join:2011-06-08

Tycalibur to nrf

to nrf
Pardon me for interjecting into this thread, but...I live in Minneapolis, and Qwest (soon to be Century Link) has been down for the last almost 24 hours following a series of local power failures in the area.

I've never had a Qwest repair take this long. Would these two outages be related, possibly?
jbuck3
join:2011-05-20
Bradford, OH

jbuck3 to nrf

to nrf
I live in Darke County which is northeast of Richmond IN. We have not had any outage.

rustic39
@embarqhsd.net

rustic39 to Farmgirl

Anon

to Farmgirl
We were down from about 0840 6/7/11 until 0900 6/8/11; CS said a fiber optic cable had been severed. They gave me a one-day credit against my bill.

kg4muc
Gettin It Done A Little At A Time
join:2003-02-17
Whitetop, VA

kg4muc

We had the same situation in Virginia Monday.. From what I gathered the entire state as far as CTL is concerned was dead in the water about all day.
My Droid worked double duty keeping everything working

Guess some backhoe jockey somewhere forgot to call Miss Utility

I'm sure there will be plenty more days like this where this one came from...