A new Asus RTN56U firmware build is available. The changelog is shown below
----------------- RT-N56U_220.127.116.11f-b7 firmware by Padavan ---------------
Changes log from firmware 18.104.22.168f-b6:
- Update Linux kernel to wive-rtnl trunc 3.0.3:
1) Fixed IP fragments assembly regression (2.5.0 bug).
2) Updated codebase to Ralink SDK 22.214.171.124, updated drivers - Ethernet raeth, hw_nat.
3) Disabled all mcast/bcast RX traffic to PPE.
4) Backports usbnet/cdc_ether/rndis_host from upstream (fixed RNDIS Android/WM devices).
5) Backports some IPv6 code from upstream.
6) Fixed sysfs module registration regression.
7) Fixed fs.file-max control regression.
8) Fixed OOM Delay logic.
- Updated WiFi driver rt2860v2_ap (5GHz) to v126.96.36.199.
- Added spinlock protect for shared hw_nat rx/tx hooks in rt3090_ap driver for WiFi HW_NAT offload.
- Disabled WSC/WPS, ATE, IAPP functions in the kernel configuration for both WiFi AP.
- Complete removed unsecure WSC/WPS functions from userlevel environment and WebGUI.
- Added control Below/Above for select extended WiFi channel (40MHz) in auto-channel selection mode
for AP 2.4GHz.
- Reworked logic for control WiFi network interfaces after WiFi settings changed and WiFi transceiver
enabled/disabled from WebGUI (and from remapped WPS button).
- Fixed AP scan in WDS page for AP 2.4GHz. Fixed incorrect fill AP list after scan complete. Disabled
forced rescan on jump to both WDS pages.
- Added execute /opt/bin/on_hotplug_printer.sh script after printer hotplug. It can be used for manual
firmware download to some printers (LPR Ð¸ RAW mode).
- Added support ZeroConf for pure PPPoE. Needed for some ISP IPTV (e.g. Rostelecom).
- Added support 3G/4G modems (incl. Yota LTE) with RNDIS interface.
- Removed support depricated WiMAX modems.
- Removed bogus port speed setting (no effect for data streams) for UMTS/CDMA modems (RAS).
- Added configurable function for auto-reconect WAN after USB modem hotplug. Added auto-reconnect WAN
after USB modem safe removed via WebGUI.
- Added syslog rotation (limit size 500KB) for prevent /tmp overflow and RAM leak.
- Added userlevel utility hw_nat from Ralink.
- Added restore IGD UPnP/NAT-PMP port forwards after router reboot.
- Updated IGD miniupnpd to v1.7.
- Updated transmission-daemon to v2.52.
- Updated rtl8367 giga-switch driver, added support ASIC RTL8367R-VB (single RGMII with VLAN1/2). Updated
rtl8367m userlevel utility, added output mib counters for all ports, added script rtl8367mib.
- Complete reworked WAN bridge isolation and VLAN taggedd traffic filtering.
- Fixed broken static LAN IP in AP mode.
- Fixed bad http address jump for some WebGUI pages in dynamic LAN IP in AP mode.
- Fixed WebGUI disabled-state controls corruption in Chrome and FireFox.
- Disabled miniupnpd noisy debug messages to syslog.
- Closed all network connections before router reboot, after firmware update from WebGUI.
These functions DO NOT WORK:
- WPS/WSC (complete disabled by big security issues).
- ASUS Download Master is no longer supported. Replaced by Transmission.--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~